Im getting a new amp soon (Randall G3 plus combo) and am not sure whether to get a 75, 100 or 200 watter. The 75 watt combo is only £299 atm so im leaning towards it more, but how loud would 75 watts be? I mostly play in my bedroom but I do plan to gig in the future. Would the 75 watter be ok for gigging?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
75 is more than enough for bedroom and gigging, possibly too much as you'll never really get teh chance to crank it. i have an 120 and that hardly ever goes past 2/2.5 and thats at practice and gigs (both miced and my other guitarist has a halfstack as well!)
Well since its a solidstate, Ull need atleast 75w so thats good. And 75w would be sufficient for a small gig. For practice in your room with a band, 50w is enough. But ive got a Peavey Valveking 212 100W and I think its perfect for bedroom, small or medium sized gigs. I think ur better off getting the 100W. 200W is way too much for a solid state
Higher wattage has more headroom, 200 is a bit much. Weird how lots of car systems say they are 2000 w or more though.
Quote by munkyRobb
75 is more than enough for bedroom and gigging, possibly too much as you'll never really get teh chance to crank it. i have an 120 and that hardly ever goes past 2/2.5 and thats at practice and gigs (both miced and my other guitarist has a halfstack as well!)

So cranked SS amps sound good?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
You really don't need 200 watts, to be honest 50 is enough for most gigs. I would get the 100 watt stack seeing as stacks are better than combos.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom