A few of my friends and I who are somewhat musically inclined have deicded to form a band after a few jam sessions..............the problem is that our taste in music is so diverse that we dont know what to play. We have two guitarists a drummer and a bassist, also our lead guitarist( a boy) has killer vocal skills. We have decided that we want to play rock but its such a broad category that we just cant narrow it down. could you maybe suggest some songs and bands music that would be suitable for a new band with moderate musical talent. Thanks.
We are
We are the shaken
We are the monsters
Underneath your bed
name each members favorite bands and maybe I can recommend a compromise or something. Maybe you should mix them up and create something new.
At different practices play different stuff, like the first practice try blues rock like SRV, Eric Clapton, John Mayall, Rory Gallagher and Joe Bonamassa. Then try some classic rock stuff like Free, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and then you could try some more riffy stuff like Thin Lizzy, Van Halen etc. Then after that decide which one you play best. You could of course play a mixture of all of these. Oh and by rock I presume you mean older sort of stuff as opposed to newer stuff
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by ibanez87
name each members favorite bands and maybe I can recommend a compromise or something. Maybe you should mix them up and create something new.

this. Having different tastes in music is what makes your sound as a band unique and is one of the best aspects in making music in my opinion
The band is really diverse but we really like the hard rock like AC/DC, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones and bands of that nature. Also we do enjoy some of the newer rock like 3 doors down, Seether and Papa Roach.
We are
We are the shaken
We are the monsters
Underneath your bed
Let each guy write his own parts, and play according to your own styles. When things don't work, as a band figure out how to make it fit. There are always different tastes within bands, and you'll have to compromise, but multiple people working together generally create better music than one person alone ever would.

I would advise you not to be concerned about what music you want your music to sound like, and just let it come out, however it is.