Hey guys, To start, I know this isn't an amazing guitar, But none the less I would like to fit some new pickups in it. the guitar is a Dean Evo XM Electric Guitar and I was thinking I could just fit pickups in there, but then I noticed all this measurement stuff, and tbh I'm lost, I can understand how the measurements work but I don't know where to find them or anything.

Could anyone clarify any of this for me and maybe recommend some humbuckers to go in there?

Thanks a lot guys
Quote by phan
Hey guys, To start, I know this isn't an amazing guitar, But none the less I would like to fit some new pickups in it. the guitar is a Dean Evo XM Electric Guitar and I was thinking I could just fit pickups in there, but then I noticed all this measurement stuff, and tbh I'm lost, I can understand how the measurements work but I don't know where to find them or anything.

Could anyone clarify any of this for me and maybe recommend some humbuckers to go in there?

Thanks a lot guys
Nothing special about the size of the HBs in your Dean.
Just pick any standard-sized HB.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
yep, you want standard sized, not f-spaced.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Nothing special about the size of the HBs in your Dean.
Just pick any standard-sized HB.

Do you have any recommendations for good pickups?

EDIT:

Just realised it might be helpful to mention what style's I play,

I Mostly play from punk to metal and I like a nice clear tone when I'm on clean,

I'm looking to improve the tone and anywhere between £80-£120 would be good for the price.
Last edited by phan at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by deftonesordie
Don't bump your thread after 5 hours.

Sorry I don't know what the time to allow is in here, I'm a bit of a pit monkey....
a day or so in here.

check out the duncan distortion for the bridge and '59 for the neck.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
a day or so in here.

check out the duncan distortion for the bridge and '59 for the neck.

Sh or TB?
i saw you use £'s so i assume a fellow UK'er?

www.irongear.co.uk

have a look on there
Playing with a Hot Slag is great (and that is a double meaning :P)
i'd reccomend one for the bridge but I'm not overly sure about a neck pickup but probably something made for cleans. just look on the reviews and see :P

at roughly £25 - 30 a pickup it aint all that expensive
Quote by phan
Sh or TB?

sh. tb is f-spaced, which you dont want. also, the guy above me said irongear, and for a UK'er, those are great, as are bareknuckles.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
sh. tb is f-spaced, which you dont want. also, the guy above me said irongear, and for a UK'er, those are great, as are bareknuckles.

I'm a UK'er so I'll check out all of them and post back when I picked the ones I like, Thanks a lot guys you've been a great help

EDIT:

Can anyone tell me how a hot slag would sound on the neck with a hammer head on the bridge (both from iron Gear)
Last edited by phan at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by phan
I'm a UK'er so I'll check out all of them and post back when I picked the ones I like, Thanks a lot guys you've been a great help

EDIT:

Can anyone tell me how a hot slag would sound on the neck with a hammer head on the bridge (both from iron Gear)

i dunno but u should email them and ask. their customer support is really good.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by phan

EDIT:

well hammerheads and hotslags are both quite high output, and i think the hammerhead has slightly better cleans iirc

I'd got with a hotslag in the bridge and a hammerhead in the neck (mainly because im skint and already have a bridge hotslag (which i'll sell you for £20 + shipping if you're interested).

Also check the impedances - i recall reading your bridge pickup should be hotter than the neck if you intend to use them together (but dont quote me on it )