Personally I use the Gotoh 201. It costs a lot less than the BAII, it's adds practically as much sustain to your bass and it doesn't alter the tone of your bass as much as the BAII.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I use a badass II on the fretless and it's a really good massive bridge.

No tone change, just sustain!!!

Gotoh is ok... Badass is THE bridge...
The BadAss definitely gives you more of a more of twangy-metalic kinda of tone. Which I happen to like very much, you how ever may not.
As Dan said, the price difference is too much to justify the badass. The gotah is a great bridge and has just as much sustain. And at nearly half the price of the BA2 it is much more economic, and doesnt add a zing
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
also that badass II bridge doesn't have the saddle grooves cut so you'll either have to do it yourself or take it to a pro and spend even more money on it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
also that badass II bridge doesn't have the saddle grooves cut so you'll either have to do it yourself or take it to a pro and spend even more money on it

You can get the BAII with grooved saddles, of course I was told this AFTER I had bought and took the file to my ungrooved one.
I know, I'm just pointing out that if he were to buy from allparts he'd have to file the grooves himself because allparts don't offer a pre-grooved model for some unknown probably stupid reason
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
i did phone allparts they said if i wanted it with grooves it would cost 150 dollars so after that news im going to with the gotoh because its a lot cheaper and later in the future i might upgrade to BAll
bad ass II was so 80s-70's

gives you a geddy lee, rickenbacker 4001 (blue bass) sound, so signals, 2112, all the early ones, also, on his jazz bass.
yes they are
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Some links maybe? It's everywhere OUT OF STOCK I noticed and nobody can tell when to expect them in near future.
I saw it in guitar center a few days ago and they had tons. I wouldn't know any links.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by BassForGrace
no way other way around!!!!!!!!

Ummm... what?

On topic, the Gotoh is definitely the better option in my opinion because it isn't much different than a BAII, costs much less, and doesn't have that twang. I'd say to go with Gotoh.
Re: the unavailability of Quan Badass bridges, I've noticed that, too. Even the Leo Quan website is out of stock. They appear to be going through some changes. I have seen the ungrooved Badass II in some local music shops, but they've probably been there for a while. The grooved saddle Badass II(2) is seemingly nowhere to be found. That's a shame.
Ive heard hes gone brock and their nearly out of business. Some say there just really behind.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
the badass made my action SOOOO low without any buzz compared to stock bridge also it added alot of mass to my bridge wich made a big difference but only because the body on my jazz is so heavy.

my advice is, buy the BA with the slots already filed in for the strings because it cost me $70 to get the grooves professionally filed, if you got the BA with the grooves already filed for you you would save money in the long run and time.

no opinion on the gotoh never used it. but i have nothing but good things to say about the BA totally worth the $$ in my book
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
OMG the gotoh is only $30 shit imma go buy one for my precision like NOW will get bakc with you guys ina few weeks after i get it put in LOL
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E