Page 1 of 2
Basically I moved into my uni flat yesterday and actually being here and having time alone to think about it today i've kinda realised that I don't actually have much interest in the course I'm doing. I've always liked media studies so the course I'm doing is film and media studies, which is theory. And I haven't really been taking it seriously until I got here and realised I hate media theory its boring and totally not what I like about media, I like it for the practical side. But of course I spent all of my A level time drinking tea and playing Halo 3 and Wii Golf at my mates house so my C and E prohibited me from getting a place on a decent Media Production course.

Basically I was wondering if anyone here has done this?
What a winner.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
You may regret quitting so soon.

What other plans have you got after you quit?
signature
im in media studies for journalism. yah theory is boring but if you let that turn you off then you're pretty much a loser. do you think every course is all sunshine and butterflies?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
So basically, you are saying you aren't going to Uni because you couldn't get a spot in a course that you wanted because you screwed around too much?

KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Sorta. I went into college wanting to be a recording engineer but after 3 classes i hated the subject and dropped it.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by KGB_INC
So basically, you are saying you aren't going to Uni because you couldn't get a spot in a course that you wanted because you screwed around too much?

no i didnt try to get a course i wanted i just chose some for the hell of it not thinking id get accepted, then i did get accepted on this one even though I didnt get enough UCAS points, but i thought id do it since i dont really have any other ideas of what to do, but just as i got here and looked at all the course information i was given it made me realise i dont actually have any interest in this area of media and you really should do a course youre interested in
Quote by MaxLees666
Why would I need money to drop out :S

because then youll be a bum?
i can see this happening to me, the whole 'not so good' results and all that.
but i dont wanna grow up, i dont want to get a job, i wanna stay 17 forever, it'd be fun.
Quote by subzero364
because then youll be a bum?

No I'll just live with my parents and get a job again while i work out what to do next college/apprenticeship/full time job etc
Change courses, failing that you'll spend a year regretting the decision to quit.
this is why you should have studied instead of playing video games.
I think you have 3 options:
1.- change the course (but you wont get into a decent one, i think)
2.- finish this one (you still gotta know theory for media. it should be useful)
3.- macdonalds

EDIT: ok i read some answer and got it better. You thought you liked media and got in there just becuase, and then you discovered it sucks. Well, if i was you, i would drop out, spend a year working and thinking around on what should I do. I would try to do various jobs in different places just to see how's the invironment and if you like what the people there do. That could give you ideas for your future.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
i can see this happening to me, the whole 'not so good' results and all that.
but i dont wanna grow up, i dont want to get a job, i wanna stay 17 forever, it'd be fun.

Being 17 isn't proving a bundle of laughs for me
can't wait for uni
You think your fees will be paid if you're not studying, but have already taken a place?
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by MaxLees666
no i didnt try to get a course i wanted i just chose some for the hell of it not thinking id get accepted, then i did get accepted on this one even though I didnt get enough UCAS points, but i thought id do it since i dont really have any other ideas of what to do, but just as i got here and looked at all the course information i was given it made me realise i dont actually have any interest in this area of media and you really should do a course youre interested in

Ah. I see. Sorry bout that. Was sort of a dick-ish post.

Well, you could always switch courses. That is, if you have the money.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by Ace88
im in media studies for journalism. yah theory is boring but if you let that turn you off then you're pretty much a loser. do you think every course is all sunshine and butterflies?

this TS

give it a few weeks maybe months to start your course then think about dropping if you truly do hate it
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by MaxLees666
No I'll just live with my parents and get a job again while i work out what to do next college/apprenticeship/full time job etc

This dude's got it all figured out! Life is going to be awesome for you man!
Quote by KGB_INC
Ah. I see. Sorry bout that. Was sort of a dick-ish post.

Well, you could always switch courses. That is, if you have the money.

Well the money doesnt matter all the courses cost the same but no I wouldn't be able to switch courses like I said I got a C and an E i shouldnt have even got on this course theres no chance I'll be able to get on another
Quote by Khromium
This dude's got it all figured out! Life is going to be awesome for you man!

Yeah cause living with your parents when youre 19 is soooo sad.... What is it with this stupid modern view that if you dont go to uni thats it you'll never get anywhere
I'd say at least try the first week. I knew someone who dropped out but gave it a chance still. He was able to get his tuition refunded but I don't know if the policy for that is the same everywhere.

That aside I think you're right, if you're paying for higher education why should it be for something you're not into leading to a job you don't like.
Quote by kaptink
I'd say at least try the first week. I knew someone who dropped out but gave it a chance still. He was able to get his tuition refunded but I don't know if the policy for that is the same everywhere.

That aside I think you're right, if you're paying for higher education why should it be for something you're not into leading to a job you don't like.

Thats the exact reason Im doing it I just thought Id stick it through since you know having a degree is generally quite useful but i didnt really realise just how much at the opposite end of the media scale this course is to what i like about media
My old GF went for a history major, I said...WTF why? she said she just wanted a degree. What a waste of time IMO, study what you are passionate about and really get into it. She is unemployed ATM.
Give it time, don't make important decisions so fast.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
why won't you just do something else instead of quitting ?

I stopped doing ICT after 2 days end switched to languages

EDIT: but yah at least try it for some time, maybe you'll like it
Quote by ComradSputnik
why won't you just do something else instead of quitting ?

I stopped doing ICT after 2 days end switched to languages

EDIT: but yah at least try it for some time, maybe you'll like it

I wont. I dont like media theory end of. I know what I like. And no I cant do something else like I said before I dont have the grades to get on another course
Quote by MaxLees666
Thats the exact reason Im doing it I just thought Id stick it through since you know having a degree is generally quite useful but i didnt really realise just how much at the opposite end of the media scale this course is to what i like about media

It doesn't mean you'll never get a degree though, I know a load of mature students who took time out of education to work and figure what they wanted to do. You could even look into courses to get on the degree you originally wanted.
Quote by kaptink
It doesn't mean you'll never get a degree though, I know a load of mature students who took time out of education to work and figure what they wanted to do. You could even look into courses to get on the degree you originally wanted.

Thats what I was thinking because I do still have 2 A levels so I could just take another 2 and if I actually worked at those and got As thats enough to get me onto any course Id want
I went on to do the degree at my old college, and i'm starting at a new uni tomorrow, which goes to show how good that college one was (it was crap by the way), i know someone who dropped out of her uni but shes taking a different course at a different place.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
You didn't get the grades you wanted theough no fault of anyone but yourself, and so didn't get into the course you wanted... Stop whining and get on with it.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
You didn't get the grades you wanted theough no fault of anyone but yourself, and so didn't get into the course you wanted... Stop whining and get on with it.

What a stupid ignorant attitude. Why should I just get on with it when I dont like the course. I have a chance to go back and change my mind and do something better why would I just "stop whining and get on with it" youre a tosser. If you ended up in this situation and you decided not to go back and get more a levels then do a degree you like and rather just carry on doing one you don't, youre an idiot
Last edited by MaxLees666 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by MaxLees666
Yeah cause living with your parents when youre 19 is soooo sad.... What is it with this stupid modern view that if you dont go to uni thats it you'll never get anywhere

..Oh right. Manager of Mcdonalds is "going somewhere" to some people. Ok ok ill stop being mean. good luck in whatever you decide.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee

..Oh right. Manager of Mcdonalds is "going somewhere" to some people. Ok ok ill stop being mean. good luck in whatever you decide.

Wow you're actually almost as much of a tosser as that irish cunt. You think everyone who doesnt go to uni ends up managing mcdonalds? My dad didnt go to uni and he's making upwards of 40k a year being self employed
Quote by MaxLees666
Wow you're actually almost as much of a tosser as that irish cunt. You think everyone who doesnt go to uni ends up managing mcdonalds? My dad didnt go to uni and he's making upwards of 40k a year being self employed

The thing is, it's a different world now. My dad also didn't go to college and he makes about 60k a year. However, there were a good few years when we were almost in poverty.
Page 1 of 2