5x554x

8x788x

11 x 10 12 10 x

3x121x
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Last edited by rich2k4 at Sep 20, 2009,
With all due respect, but you're auditioning for a jazz band and you don't know how to construct a half-diminished chord? Best of luck then.
Last edited by deHufter at Sep 20, 2009,
Finger an Am7 chord then flatten the fifth...
  Am7
0      3
1      1
0  or  2
2      2
0      0
x      x

Am7♭5
0      3
1      1
0  or  2
1      1
0      0
or a bunch of other fingerings.
Si
Surely the point of a school jazz band is to learn stuff and have fun? It certainly was when I was at school, and it wasn't all THAT long ago! You shouldn't need to know everything before you join, as long as you're not such a beginner that you're going to spoil it for everyone else and you're willing to learn.

TS, if I was you I'd learn how A and E shaped major and minor chords are made up in terms of which notes are the Root, 3rd, 5th and 7th, then you should be able to work out other chords easily like 20T said, by just altering the chords you know.
Ami7b5 is also..Cmi6..F9 chord .. if you know these chords they are good alternative fingerings...

play well

wolf