Page 1 of 2
so, in 2007 a movie was shown at a film festival that was deemed to be one of the most horrifying movies ever made, it currently holds a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so needless to say its being called a masterpiece of horror cinema. This movie has never been released in theaters until now. on September 25, 2009 it is being released in a very select few theaters in the US. unfortunately, none of us in Canada are going to get to see it. so i present you with this thread. you can go on the movies website and request that it play in a theater near you. so all Canadian UGers, if you are interested in seeing a very, very scary movie, i urge you to help the whole country out and demand that this movie be played near you.

the movie trailer

the website (click on Demand It)

could one of the mods maybe do me a favour and sticky this or something?
Oh, and if a mod deems this "advertising" or something, i will delete it.
They won't sticky something that is exlusive to one country.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King

they've stickied something that was exclusive to one MEMBER before.
Quote by Venice King

Primusfan drinking is exclusive to one county.
Daytripper's contest thingy is exclusive to wherever it is he lives. Pallet Town, or something.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
they've stickied something that was exclusive to one MEMBER before.

Alot of UG members> Canada.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

why am i surprised really.

Because you're not actually a god?

Wait I can't even vote for it to played in Canada if I don't live there or?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Last edited by Venice King at Sep 20, 2009,
It doesn't look that scary. The only part that seemed scary was when the thing gets into their bed and the door slams shut.
The bit at the end where whatever flew at the camera made me laugh
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by GuitarGod_92
It doesn't look that scary. The only part that seemed scary was when the thing gets into their bed and the door slams shut.

i imagine a lot of that happening through the movie. the trailer is very short, they're not going to give away their best scares in the trailer
EDIT: ^ Ummmm yeah they would. There are a countless number of movies where they put the best parts into the trailers. Those movies usually suck though.

Quote by CTFOD
The bit at the end where whatever flew at the camera made me laugh

It was the guy
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92

It was the guy

I thought it was a cardboard box

Reading a couple of IMDB reviews, it does look promising and I would like to see it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Looks stupid, like all slasher films.

Fix'd that for ya.

Horror movies are great, slashers are not.
Finally a decent horror movie. Honestly all the "scary" movies that have come out in like the last 10 years have been complete sh*t.
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by davidson22
Finally a decent horror movie. Honestly all the "scary" movies that have come out in like the last 10 years have been complete sh*t.

Darkness Falls is the best horror movie to ever exist!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you know what to do

Do a merry jig?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Scary movies suck balls and Rotten Tomatoes is usually way off when rating films.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
demand that muh fugga

Gurl, you so crazy.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so, in 2007 a movie was shown at a film festival that was deemed to be one of the most horrifying movies ever made, it currently holds a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so needless to say its being called a masterpiece of horror cinema. This movie has never been released in theaters until now. on September 25, 2009 it is being released in a very select few theaters in the US. unfortunately, none of us in Canada are going to get to see it. so i present you with this thread. you can go on the movies website and request that it play in a theater near you. so all Canadian UGers, if you are interested in seeing a very, very scary movie, i urge you to help the whole country out and demand that this movie be played near you.

the movie trailer

the website (click on Demand It)

could one of the mods maybe do me a favour and sticky this or something?
Oh, and if a mod deems this "advertising" or something, i will delete it.

I normally don't like scary movies, because in general all they do is make sudden BLAAAAH!!! moments to try and make people jump, which usually fails on me, as I can predict when they're coming because the plots are terribly dull. As such, something like this is rather intriguing to me, so I'm voting. Then again, I probably could just download it, but it wouldn't have the same effect as being in a room with many other people equally scared ****less as you, watching it on a giant screen with kick-ass sound.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Darkness Falls is the best horror movie to ever exist!

Don't know if i seen that one. I gave up on watching "scary" movies because everytime there was alot of talk about a movie i was always dissapointed. I can't remember the last movie that atually freaked me out.

Im sick of movies that are supposed to be scary but all it is just random loud noises that make you jump

EDIT:
Quote by dark&broken
I normally don't like scary movies, because in general all they do is make sudden BLAAAAH!!! moments to try and make people jump, which usually fails on me, as I can predict when they're coming because the plots are terribly dull. As such, something like this is rather intriguing to me, so I'm voting. Then again, I probably could just download it, but it wouldn't have the same effect as being in a room with many other people equally scared ****less as you, watching it on a giant screen with kick-ass sound.

+1 other then i usually fall for the random noises and jump or twitch but all it does is piss me off because the only way they can scare you is by trickery not horror lol
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

Last edited by davidson22 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by davidson22
Don't know if i seen that one. I gave up on watching "scary" movies because everytime there was alot of talk about a movie i was always dissapointed. I can't remember the last movie that atually freaked me out.

Im sick of movies that are supposed to be scary but all it is just random loud noises that make you jump

EDIT:

+1 other then i usually fall for the random noises and jump or twitch but all it does is piss me off because the only way they can scare you is by trickery not horror lol

Darkness Falls is one of those movies that relies on loud noises and sudden movement. However, it is actually well done. They use shadows and light very well throughtout the movie. It is basically about a killer Tooth Fairy (based on a true story, minus the killer part), that kills people that lay eyes on her. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it actually is an amazing horror movie.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Darkness Falls is one of those movies that relies on loud noises and sudden movement. However, it is actually well done. They use shadows and light very well throughtout the movie. It is basically about a killer Tooth Fairy (based on a true story, minus the killer part), that kills people that lay eyes on her. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it actually is an amazing horror movie.

i remember that scared the living **** out of me when i was 11. i honestly had nightmares for a solid week.

The Descent is also scary as hell and it's very new.
sooo gunna watch it if it comes to my area in Canada, i live 2 hours from Toronto, not gunna drive 2 hours to watch it.
Gamertag: ThruEyesOfDeath
Games: CoD4, GoW2, RB2, MW2
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i remember that scared the living **** out of me when i was 11. i honestly had nightmares for a solid week.

The Descent is also scary as hell and it's very new.

It still scares me.

The Descent was good, but the ending was very disappointing. Luckily, they are making a sequel.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

hahahaha sorry to burst your bubble but the tooth fairy isn't real. Killer or no killer a movie about a tooth fairy is not based on a true story.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by davidson22
hahahaha sorry to burst your bubble but the tooth fairy isn't real. Killer or no killer a movie about a tooth fairy is not based on a true story.

the monster in the movie is not actually a tooth fairy. its a woman who was nicknamed the tooth fairy. i forget how they killed her, i think she was burned at the stake or something.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
the monster in the movie is not actually a tooth fairy. its a woman who was nicknamed the tooth fairy. i forget how they killed her, i think she was burned at the stake or something.

haha alright that makes more sense
Quote by Burtonjp

The best "recent" horror film was Martyrs.

Unfortunately I'm going to see the Evangelion movie on the 25th. And lastly, this movie looks okay, but it just seems like a "possession" movie with a blair witch/cloverfield/etc twist to it.
Quote by davidson22
haha alright that makes more sense

I had a feeling I worded that badly. There actually was a woman who took children's teeth and gave them stuff for them. I believe it was in Australia. That is what the movie is based off of. Only they made her evil.
Quote by Venice King

I dont know, if dreadnoght gets drunk again it might happen.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2