hey guys. im not really an effects junky, so im not familiar with too many kinds. im looking for the effect used in the opening/main riff of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERjBy4MzFbw

buckethead home run derby/main theme

iv looked up all the effects hes used (that people know about), and not im sure what it could be. im assuming its some sort of phase shifter that stays in place instead of "phasing" in and out. can someone suggest some pedals that do this effect and the settings its need to be at?

thanks guys, and sorry if this is kinda newbish/dumb/asked before...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by guitarted
sounds like a cocked wah to me.

that was my other guess, so i was dicking around with my 535q but couldnt really get anything.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
this sounds like maybe 2 amps, one running regular with saturated distortion, the other using a little bit of octave action and then using a low pass filter hooked to an expression pedal and left open(as a filter, like the wah technic discussed above, but i think it is a low pass filter). i would say he is then mixing the signals on top of each other, this would allow him to keep the crisper distorted attack behind a thoroughly effected pinched sounding guitar. anyway thats what i do for an effect like that. i also think he is using the tiniest bit of delay, under 100 ms, with the effect volume low, doesn't sound like reverb. may also be using a chorus pedal, but can't tell.

the solo is using what sounds like an ada flanger
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 20, 2009,
that "pinched" muffled sound it what im really referring to. the closest i was able to get was putting a chorus pedal in front of a distortion pedal. its still not quite it. so im not sure if its just a matter of the pedals i was using, or im way off.

thanks for the details though, much appreciated.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
I DLed a song on my profile to show you what i mean(HOGish jam). now, this tone is not what yer looking for, but if you mix that tone on one regualr distorted amp amp(think marshall stack) with just 1 octave up and 1 octave down on a harmonizer(instead of like 6 harmony notes) on the other amp, with that low pass filter sitting open like on 2:00 into 'HOGish jam', then that would be pretty damn close to that tone.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae