I heard it makes your playing sound more natural from a guy that goes to LA Recording School.

I didn't used to pay much attention to it, but now i'm using it more. Suggestions?

Do other players just don't it at all?
I don't use reverb on my amp, and i believe that the only "more natural" tone is the tone on your amp
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
I use it because it sounds awesome.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Reverb is the effect when you play guitar in a large room. It's good for recordings and home playing, but I wouldn't use it live.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Reverb is the effect when you play guitar in a large room. It's good for recordings and home playing, but I wouldn't use it live.

Very true. Reverb can be used as a cool effect for live playing if you can find a way to experiment with it. I know that Neil Young will often use a pedal with the reverb set to max to give him a special sound during some of his solos.

As for me, I generally use delay more than reverb. I find that by putting a very small amount of delay it gives you a fuller sound than I can get with reverb. Still, to each his own.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Reverb is useful in certain situations.

For example, boatloads of reverb is totally acceptable, if not encouraged, for basically any instrument and vocals in shoegaze music, but would sound out of place in a tight metal riffing.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
^^^ yeah.....play with the delay first and make it sound bigger with juz a little reverb, beautiful....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Reverb is overused a lot. It's best used when it's just barely in perception. As in, someone listening to it wouldn't say 'hey cool reverb!' because they wouldn't notice it. It would just sound natural. No reverb sounds pretty dead.
I respectfully disagree. i have read that the studio "trick" is to use barely audible reverb, but I am a fan of big, and reverb makes everything big.
I use a decent amount when I play out with my acoustic group but never with electric....

I used to have a eh holy grail and used it for some lead tones sometimes but I got to where I used used other things like delay and flanger

I use some global reverb when mixing on the pro tools though
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by timeconsumer09
Reverb is overused a lot. It's best used when it's just barely in perception. As in, someone listening to it wouldn't say 'hey cool reverb!' because they wouldn't notice it. It would just sound natural. No reverb sounds pretty dead.

very true!
Control your destiny.
On guitar: No.

On vocals: Yes.

On anything recorded: almost always.

I would only use it for vocals because when you mic them up you lose the ambience of the room- like the natural reverb. Recordings need reverb for the same reason.

I'm really not a fan of reverb on guitar at all, but I guess thats just personal taste.