Page 1 of 2
Today, i watch the documentary Befor Music Dies, or B4MD.
it was a really great doc.

how they talked about what the music biz does today, and the radio biz. and how they make lame "pop" artist albums.

i loved the blues player that played the guitar inverted. or it looked like that to me

anyone watch this documentary?

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
havnt heard of it, but i might check it out. sounds interesting
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
No. I'm tired of the whole "music today suks lissin to zepplin ololololol" mindset.
Check out my band Disturbed
I think I watched most of it one day, it was pretty interesting.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
music is more active today then any point in history, just because what you like isn't popular doesn't mean it isn't out there. And even if it isn't, the old stuff is always waiting there to be listened too. We have more access to all types of music old and new, popular or not. Just go search man...
music today is great. the great stuff just isn't as popular anymore, but that doesnt mean that there isn't some really good music out there today. cuz there is. mars volta, the shins, tegan and sara, conor oberst....i could go on and on.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Minkaro
I will bet any money at all there were guys in the 70's that said "music today suks lissen to sinatra ololololol."

That was pretty funny, nice job =D
Quote by Highway60Bob
music today is great. the great stuff just isn't as popular anymore, but that doesnt mean that there isn't some really good music out there today. cuz there is. mars volta, the shins, tegan and sara, conor oberst....i could go on and on.

+1

It almost seems like there is *more* great stuff nowadays... that it's harder to point your finger at several "era-defining" bands like it was in the 70's and 80's and whatnot, because there are way more great bands nowadays that will define this generation's music.
Quote by Minkaro
I will bet any money at all there were guys in the 70's that said "music today suks lissen to sinatra ololololol."

Well, you actually should listen to Sinatra. >__>

And I'm sure there were guys in the 50s that said "music today sucks lissen to Jolson ololololol."

You get my point. <__<
Quote by daeqwon10000
music is more active today then any point in history, just because what you like isn't popular doesn't mean it isn't out there. And even if it isn't, the old stuff is always waiting there to be listened too. We have more access to all types of music old and new, popular or not. Just go search man...

This.

I go to uni in a town with a kick-ass music scene.

There's all kinds of folk/accoustic/jazzy stuff which is all awesome, and there's also a sick metal scene.

I went to a small show a couple nights ago (and I mean small, there was one drunk guy trying to get a mosh going all night, and he got at most 5 or 6 people involved), but the bands were great. One of them, who's only been together since june of this year, and who is currently recording a full length that I believe they said would be ready by october, I can best describe as an aggressive hybrid of Dream Theater, Opeth and Pink Floyd. Most of the bands were more of the -core/screaming variety, which I don't normally like as much, but **** are the bands in the area good.

Just because it's hard to find doesn't mean it's not there.
Quote by maximumrocker
Today, i watch the documentary Befor Music Dies, or B4MD.
it was a really great doc.

how they talked about what the music biz does today, and the radio biz. and how they make lame "pop" artist albums.

i loved the blues player that played the guitar inverted. or it looked like that to me

anyone watch this documentary?

Hendrix?
Quote by joshua122593
Hendrix?

It was Doyle Bramhall II I believe.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by joshua122593
Hendrix?

last time i checked he didnt jamm with eric clapton, and was white

but u never know
>.>

Quote by Zaphikh
No. Music is alive and well. Go back to your cave.

ummm what?
i was just stating what the movie was about?

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Last edited by maximumrocker at Sep 20, 2009,
Eh, the 90s-00s have been the best generation of music yet imo. The best artists may not be the biggest bands, but there are WAY more good bands now than there were 30 years ago.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
impossible, music will NEVER DIE!!!!!!

it just won't ok
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
*puts tin foil hat on

Let the conspiracy begin!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Music will never die, though it may turn into a hideous emaciated husk, it will never die.
No matter how hard you try, it will never die. The music will live on.
Quote by SoftOath
u mean grammar nazi...wait

grammar jesus = grammar nazi...then ....jesus = nazi!!!

omg

Quote by Zugunruhe
*squishes allan143 with a rolled up newspaper*

ok, now everyone can agree that mosquitoes are douchebags.

8/7/09 Night of the Pear II (i was there)
Quote by maximumrocker
last time i checked he didnt jamm with eric clapton, and was white

So, you're saying either Hendrix did jam with Eric Clapton, and was white, or the bluesman you're talking about did jam with Eric Clapton, and was white.

I'll point this out for you:

1. )Hendrix was not white.

2.)Bluesmen are not white.

You're welcome
The playground of the world
great documentary. seen it a couple of times
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by StewieSwan
No. I'm tired of the whole "music today suks lissin to zepplin ololololol" mindset.

This.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I've seen this documentary.

It's music that's on the radio that's ruining music.

Instead of whining, which will get you nowhere, just go and become a popstar, then you can sit and complain.
DeVillains!
Quote by Eddie4President
So, you're saying either Hendrix did jam with Eric Clapton, and was white, or the bluesman you're talking about did jam with Eric Clapton, and was white.

I'll point this out for you:

1. )Hendrix was not white.

2.)Bluesmen are not white.

You're welcome

It's funny because thousands upon thousands, no I'd say millions, of musicians today dedicate their lives to something we're all passionate about on this forum (music) and spend years learning how to master their art and writing amazing songs, and then said millions of musicians are dismissed by millions of self-pitying wankers who wish they were born in the sixties. Doesn't it suck?

And in forty years those who do like the music of today will be complaining about the music of the future saying that it was better back in the 2000s. It's a vicious cycle but people are too stupid to see the big picture.

XAVIEDIT: Pop musicians (well, most of them) included. Do you have any idea how hard it is to write a catchy song?
Last edited by xaviergray at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by Ylasto
I've seen this documentary.

It's music that's on the radio that's ruining music.

Instead of whining, which will get you nowhere, just go and become a popstar, then you can sit and complain.

Bollocks is it. Nothing is ruining music. It can be argued that some things are ruining the music industry's current model, but the music itself is not.
Quote by Zoot Allures
I'm generalizing here. I like some people who play music nowdays but musics gone down the pan for the mainstream stuff.

Yh i suppose this brings the whole "music is subjective" thing back again. I like alot of music o nthe radio, tbh the music during that day, ie 4am-9pm is crap, but electronic music on at night is awesome, and the odd time it gets a little play in prime time
There's at least one band playing today that you like. Ergo music is alive.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by duggyrocks
Yh i suppose this brings the whole "music is subjective" thing back again. I like alot of music o nthe radio, tbh the music during that day, ie 4am-9pm is crap, but electronic music on at night is awesome, and the odd time it gets a little play in prime time

^ Well it's good to drive to at least some of the time. I'd love to hear some more variety of music though for electronic stuff. I wanna hear some wumpscut on the radio.
Page 1 of 2