i need to clean the fretboard on my guitar so i need to take off all the strings. i usually change strings one at a time so i dont have to worry about it. so how can i deal with the edge tremolo dropping into the body once all the strings are off? wedging something between the trem and the woods not gonna break the wood or anything from the pressure? what could i use to do it? thanks.
If the wood breaks my friend you would have a ****ty guitar, So ask yourself is your guitar ****? And second if your that worried about it breaking wood put something kinda soft in there
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
You don't have to take all 6 strings off a guitar to clean the neck.

Take off 1st 3 and clean fretboard, then replace those 3 strings.

Then, take off other 3, clean, and re-string.

You guys really make things harder than they really are sometimes.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
you dont want to take off 3 and 3. you'll get way too much lop sided movement from the bridge if you do.

brace the bridge first.

how to do that is shown in the floyd thread, top of the page, first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
9v battery with a layer of corrugated card wrapped round it, and stick it under the trem, or 2 coca cola (or other fizzy drink) bottle caps wrapped in corrugated card sided by side under the bridge.

you can still clean it by removing 1 string at a time but it`s far more tedious.
i usually use a spoon and i place two diagonally where the corner meets and the bridge sinks down to support it, it doesnt do any damage to mine and its worked pretty well but yea if you want just use something softer than that if you're more worried it may cause any damage
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Just take the trem off. Make sure the nut is locked down tight. Then open the trem cavity and take the springs off. Then the trem will lift right off. Carefully set it to the side without twisting the strings up and clean your board. When done reinstall the trem and springs. You should be almost in tune. Just tune up with the fine tuners and your done. 15 minute job at the most and 10 minutes of that is letting the oil soak on the board.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
And if you're really lazy get your friend to hold the bar dumped while you pull up the strings and clean.... It works...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...