Poll: Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR or Ibanez RG1570?
Poll Options
View poll results: Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR or Ibanez RG1570?
Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR
21 64%
Ibanez RG1570
12 36%
Voters: 33.
So far the (expensive!) front runners are the Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR and the Ibanez RG1570. Which would you choose or recommend?
i prefer ibanez necks
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i would get the black jack, i find ibanez guitars are wayyyyyyyyyyy over priced
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Thanks. I play basic 80s rock/metal; your typical hair metal I guess! I can afford both of these guitars but I originally wanted my budget to be CAN$800 max. That's not going to happen now!
i`d take a edge pro bridge over a ofr anyday of the week.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
i`d take a edge pro bridge ove a ofr anyday of the week.

Really? Why?
imo they`re more stable with the tuning, the stupid collar on the arm of a fr always unscrews itself, theres alot less pissing about with ball ends and string changes just happen quicker and they look more robust and imo experience probably are.

i`ve never had a single problem with either of my edge pro equipped guitars, with ofr equipped guitars particularly jackson they`ve been more hassle than it`s worth (until the edge pro was released i gave up on fr equipped guitars and went through a purely hardtail phase)
Quote by ibanezgod1973
imo they`re more stable with the tuning, the stupid collar on the arm of a fr always unscrews itself, theres alot less pissing about with ball ends and string changes just happen quicker and they look more robust and imo experience probably are.

i`ve never had a single problem with either of my edge pro equipped guitars, with ofr equipped guitars particularly jackson they`ve been more hassle than it`s worth (until the edge pro was released i gave up on fr equipped guitars and went through a purely hardtail phase)

OFR on my Schecter surely holds tuning better, but at the cost of stiffer feel, and fine tuners sometimes get in my way. Edge pro on the other hand, is very smooth, but the tuning stability is way behind OFR, or the Lo-pro, it is also easier to change strings with the edge pro (you don't have to cut the ball ending).
Last edited by r4ster at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by r4ster
OFR on my Schecter surely holds tuning better, but at the cost of stiffer feel, and fine tuners sometimes get in my way. Edge pro on the other hand, is very smooth, but the tuning stability is way beyond OFR, or the Lo-pro, it is also easier to change strings with the edge pro (you don't have to cut the ball ending).

The OFR on my Schecter holds tuning amazingly well. I jam out for at least a couple hours a day and dive bomb and squeal the **** out of the trem and I rarely have to retune, haven't had to in a couple weeks anyway.

I dont bother with any mess about cutting ball ends, last time i changed strings I just put them in backwards so the ball ends were at the top of the neck, still gotta trim em off but you normally have to trim off excess anyways.

About the 'collar' on the trem arm coming loose. I agree here. I am to the point where I tighten it up and then spin the arm around a couple times to get it tighter. I like it to stay where i put it and unless I'm really abusing it, it doesn't come loose during play.

*edit* the only way i could think of improving my Hellraiser is if it had a neck on it like my Ibanez RG
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
Last edited by JMeasles at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by stodge
Thanks. I play basic 80s rock/metal; your typical hair metal I guess! I can afford both of these guitars but I originally wanted my budget to be CAN$800 max. That's not going to happen now!

I'd go for an Ibanez...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Damn, I took beyond for behind, now I fixed it. What I meant was, that OFR and Lo-pro stay in tune better than Edge pro does. (I still do prefer edge pro over OFR, for the smooth feel tho, but lo-pro dominates both).