https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/

Anybody ever use these? Or that speaker specifically? I've caught the DIY bug and want to build a 4x10, and dang... Those are only 30$ each, thats pretty cheap, but are they any good? I've heard good things about Webers, but I'd like some input on their cheaper stuff, such as this.

Also, a quick question about wattage, will four 25 watt speakers, mean I can run a 100watt amp through it? Also, would a higher wattage, IE, 120-150 watt amp be fine with slightly lower rated speakers? I know the ohm's matching up is important, but I've heard mixed replies to the wattage question...
Have a listen to some of these clips.
http://www.fredacabs.com/soundclips.cfm

Got a few weber in there.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I have no clue, Weber's Celestion clones are really good though.

And no, I would not put a 100 att amp through a quad of 25 watt speakers. Depending on the amp, I would go for anywhere between 150-200 watts total.
You always want your speakers to be rated higher than your output of your amp.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by MadAudioMan
https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/

Anybody ever use these? Or that speaker specifically? I've caught the DIY bug and want to build a 4x10, and dang... Those are only 30$ each, thats pretty cheap, but are they any good? I've heard good things about Webers, but I'd like some input on their cheaper stuff, such as this.

Also, a quick question about wattage, will four 25 watt speakers, mean I can run a 100watt amp through it? Also, would a higher wattage, IE, 120-150 watt amp be fine with slightly lower rated speakers? I know the ohm's matching up is important, but I've heard mixed replies to the wattage question...

i have a couple of webers, i have not gone for their lower end speakers but i have heard they are just a phenomenol. i don't know what speaker you were looking at, it just linked to their speaker page in general, but their 10" ceramic speakers are cheap, but still better than most speakers for older tones.

as for the 2nd question yes, 4 x 25 watt rated speakers will handle a 100 watt head. and they should be able to handle a bit higher rating as speakers are built to have a bit of extra headroom and power handling, but if you push them with higher wattahe heads or something it will get a 'rounded' speaker sound and probably shorten the life of the speaker as your stressing the voicecoil beyond it's designed operating parameters(kind of like sriving 150 miles an hour on non-racing street tires designed for no more than 100/120 miles per hour). but they should be able to handle 120 watt amps without any serious threat as long as you aren't cranking out the amp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by kylendm
You always want your speakers to be rated higher than your output of your amp.

Depends on the amp. For example, a Vox AC30 won't go much higher than what it's rated at when fully up. The highest I've heard of one going was 36 watts. But a Plexi can put out over 200 watts when cranked, therefore it would be a horrible idea to crank a Plexi with a 100 watt cab.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Did you know Weber just died?
If you're looking to buy this speakers get 'em fast, before they get overpriced.
Quote by GuitarUser
Did you know Weber just died?
If you're looking to buy this speakers get 'em fast, before they get overpriced.

I doubt they'll raise the price. Weber was founded on giving reasonably priced vintage style speakers with great customer service. Ted's son is a cool guy too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
I doubt they'll raise the price. Weber was founded on giving reasonably priced vintage style speakers with great customer service. Ted's son is a cool guy too.

So his son is gonna continue his job?
Thats nice to hear...
Btw, wich speakers have more quality?
Celestions, eminences or webers?
^Judging from personal experience, Eminence, I've tried and heard many of theirs and they're all awesome. Honestly, I think alot of V30 fame is hype and the like, they're good, but not the end all be all of speakers. Anyways, thanks for the advice guys, I'll probably get these, or perhaps a 12" set of four, because I can't find any 4x10 cabs I can steal the designs for.