hey guys, what do u think is the best amp head for ac/dc style rock? not heavy metal, but more of a rock/classic rock sound. my price range is $1000 for the head + cab. i own a fender strat. i prefer all tube amp. i prefer new but i will go used. i was looking at the ceriatone plexi50. any suggestions for the best combination of amp head and cab?
Jcm 800
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
ceriatone's are amazing, I'd go with a jcm 800 clone, but the plexi's are nice too.

Cab's I'd look into an avatar 2x12 or 4x12 with g12h30's in it. or greenbacks
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by sw1ss023
Jcm 800

a jcm 800 is a little too expensive for me. iwas probably gonna go with an avatar cab too. i'm thinking a 2x12 avatar cab = $400 plus a good head that could fit my price range. can u guys think of any amp heads?
oh and i forgot to mention that me and my band play gigs so i'm looking for at least a 50 watt tube head

EDIT: maybe 30 watts but im looking for an amp that i dont have to crank all the way
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Sep 20, 2009,
I still saythe Ceriatone and an Avatar cab.
But really
50 watts is a bit overkill if you're playing small gigs. If I were you I'd go for the lower wattage one, then you'd be able to crank I'd and get that sweet power tube saturation.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
What you want is a plexi or any other plexi-style amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Which cab?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
There's a Splawn Quickrod on eBay for $1000, which would be perfect.

If you could wait a bit longer for a cab, I think this would be your best option...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There is a JCM900 w/ a Carvin cab in the Orange Country area right now for $600 if you're willing to travel an hour or two.
i was looking at the ceriatone but now that i think about it, it might be a little expensive when u add shipping. any other ideas?