Well, I went over to Guitar Center today and they had a had Budda Superdrive. I know it was a 2x12, but I don't know what the wattage was. Regardless, I was really impressed. The sound was very close to what I was looking for, and had I stayed longer I could have easily found it.

Now, the price is just a tad out of my range I was wondering if there are any amps out there that sound really close to the Superdrive? I'm looking for a Slash like tone, very similar to the tone on Contraband (Fall to Pieces to be exact) I'm don't to shell out any more than 800 USD for a head, and 1000 for a combo.

So, is there?
Pretty sure that Slash used Vox AC30s for Contraband, probably with an OD pedal of some sort as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I think it says on Budda's website that Velvet Revolver actually used their amps, but I don't know if it was Slash.

Anyways, you should try to stretch your budget for a 112 Superdrive combo if you can at all. If its what you want then its what you want, don't compromise.

EDIT: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Budda-Superdrive-18-1x12-Combo?sku=481005

It is several hundred more than you wish to spend though, even for a used one. That same site has the 18 head for about 1200 bucks.
Last edited by nerdor257 at Sep 20, 2009,
It's possible to find a used 18 or 30 112 for a grand alot of the time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, there was another one there at GC that I didn't try that was 1000$, but I am willing to compromise. I've also looked at Ceriatone's Silver Jubilee clone, and from what I've heard it sounds pretty good.
An orange rockerverb might work. might not be much cheaper tho.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by Morgant
Yeah, there was another one there at GC that I didn't try that was 1000$, but I am willing to compromise. I've also looked at Ceriatone's Silver Jubilee clone, and from what I've heard it sounds pretty good.

Damn right it does.
Quote by Raijouta
Pretty sure that Slash used Vox AC30s for Contraband, probably with an OD pedal of some sort as well.

He used an AC30 and a Fender(I believe a Twin) for clean and low gain sounds. The high gain stuff was still his Jubilee and Sig run together.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Hmm, I've seen Riveras on CL and ebay from time to time, and they seem to go fairly cheap(the older ones at least), and from I've heard they sound similar to Marshall, though I've never actually seen one. Is this true?