Im 19 and Ive decided to move out. I currently live in covington, a little town in georgia, and move to Atlanta. Im currently taking classes at GPC, the biggest community college in the state, and transfer to the campus there.
The issues with this plan-
-finding roommates in an apartment I can afford
-finding a job, which I imagine will be very difficult in the city
-keeping my parents support, as they pay my bills and will certainly have to when I move there.
My parents are very controlling and overbearing. My older sister ran away years ago, and Im not sure how to tell them of my plan and keep their support without them thinking Im trying to run away also.

So pit, any tips or advice on the things Im worried about? Advice on living in the city?
Nope. No advice.

Congrats on the plan. Good Luck.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
I live in atlanta man, and it rough there are no jobs at all, rent is mad high, its hard. I dont know if you want to move up hear and the music scene is more in the suburbs Marietta area, but if you really want to move hear dont move to the actual city.
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
I just moved to the city. Worst thing I ever done.
I don't even remember why I moved.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Just tell them at like dinner or something that you've decided its time for you to grow up and move out in order to start your adult life and that you would appreciate their support.... morally and financialy lol
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Tell them that you feel that the college in Atlanta offers a better potential future for you and you really want to capitalize on the more advanced education that's out there. Also, living by yourself will give you the opportunity both to accrue real-world experience, but also to prove your maturity and internalization of the lessons and morals and values your parents taught you.
Quote by Winman9999
I live in atlanta man, and it rough there are no jobs at all, rent is mad high, its hard. I dont know if you want to move up hear and the music scene is more in the suburbs Marietta area, but if you really want to move hear dont move to the actual city.

I was planning on moving close enough to go to the Decatur campus of GPC. Im not familiar enough to know where exactly that is in the city though.
Quote by FunkyFire
Actually, any UGers wanna move with me and be my roomie?

i think that would end in criminal prosecution.
Quote by FunkyFire
Im 19 and Ive decided to move out. I currently live in covington, a little town in georgia, and move to Atlanta. Im currently taking classes at GPC, the biggest community college in the state, and transfer to the campus there.
The issues with this plan-
-finding roommates in an apartment I can afford
-finding a job, which I imagine will be very difficult in the city
-keeping my parents support, as they pay my bills and will certainly have to when I move there.
My parents are very controlling and overbearing. My older sister ran away years ago, and Im not sure how to tell them of my plan and keep their support without them thinking Im trying to run away also.

So pit, any tips or advice on the things Im worried about? Advice on living in the city?

there's your problem, only move out when you can fully support yourself
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by speakers
there's your problem, only move out when you can fully support yourself

I meant that they probably will until I find a job there and get my stuff together, and when I can I certainly will be paying my phone and insurance bill also.
Quote by Winman9999
Do this. The music scene here is great. There's a reasonable number of jobs around here too.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
The music scene isnt necessarily the most important part, but just out of curiousity, what is it like?
I'm 21 and living on my own. My place is a mess, I live on takeaway food and every item in my house is stained with cum.
What I'm saying is learn to clean, cook and get a girlfriend before you move out.