Page 1 of 3
Alright, probably not the best place to say this but, I'd like to converse with people on the subject, preferably people I don't know so...

As a few of you maybe know, I moved to Ontario, from B.C. my father being the only one who wanted to, and by the time the rest of us found out of his plan, it was too late. So there has been quite a lot of tension in my family, and today my mum finally snapped.

A little while ago, my sister and I were called to their room, where my dad told us the were splitting up.

So my parents are getting a divorce, I do believe, which isn't very good.. I'm sure some of you guys have gone through this before.

What the hell do I do...?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
It's all your fault you little prick.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by maidenfan15

Reported.

TS, there's nothing much you can do except live through it and try not to let your parent's problems affect how you planned your life to play out. Good luck.
Quote by genghisgandhi
divorce isnt as bad as tv makes it out to be, trust me

That's incorrect. It's a complete lifestyle change in which the two people who you have been with your entire lifetime fight with each other. There's no sugarcoating the experience at all.

TS, good luck with this all, i hope your parents manage to be reasonable with matters involving the kids.
Quote by maidenfan15

Dude, come on.

I'm sorry to hear it man, that's awful. I guess, there's not much you really can do other than get used to the idea. I mean, the way these things go, they might change their minds, but you don't want to get your hopes up.
Quote by Khromium
THIS
but
Chinese Democracy was boring. 14 years of hype ftl

It was pretty horrible, cept for the title track...

^I honestly can't see it happening, but the way they were going at it today, I'm not really sure what to think.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Last edited by floppypick at Sep 20, 2009,
I can't really remember much from when my parents got divorced since I was 11 at the time so all I can say really is good luck to you and I hope it isn't too much of a traumatic experience.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by schecter ftw

It's.....it's..... beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by metaldud536
Not funny.

This
and
Chinese Democracy was a fail album. 14 years of hype ftl
Last edited by Khromium at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw
That's incorrect. It's a complete lifestyle change in which the two people who you have been with your entire lifetime fight with each other. There's no sugarcoating the experience at all.

TS, good luck with this all, i hope your parents manage to be reasonable with matters involving the kids.

well my experience wasnt
btw-i was 12
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Sep 20, 2009,
Divorce really isn't as bad as it's made out to be on kids, but it varies. My parents divorced when I was 5 or 6, so I wasn't too aware of the scope of it.

My girlfriend's parents divorced when she was like 10, so it hit her more.

Nothing much you can do. Love both of your parents. If it's what they want, respect that.
Sorry to hear that , work through it. Alot of my friends parents are divorced and they just get used to it. Don't let their problems affect you.

Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Sorry, I was just playing.

But trust me, it's not that bad. My parents are divorced and it's not like some soap opera. I still see them both a lot and they don't hate each other. The good thing is you get double the gifts/money. It's obviously not worth it, but it's something. But if your parents were like most divorced couples, this is a better alternative to them fighting everyday. Couples try to stay together fore the kids, but no kid wants to see their parents screaming every day.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

EDIT: And Chinese Democracy was awesome. Listen to This I Love and tell me it isn't a great song. The solo seriously makes me cream.

Last edited by maidenfan15 at Sep 20, 2009,
TS just try not to get too caught up in it. things will work themselves out. sure things will be different but really its not the end of the world. but yeah there isnt really anything you should do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
Here's a kid who's probably had so many good memories with his family together and now they're splitting. I mean if your lives have been troubled for many years you would probably accept this with open arms. But judging by the reaction here in your post, I'm guessing your lives were quite happy.

I'm sorry to hear that TS. Goodluck man.
My parents split up too, you get used to it, it sucks, but they're both still your parents and they both still love you equally, which is basically all that matters.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Don't do anything, just try not to be on any side.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by maidenfan15

Shut up, prick.

Sorry to hear that, but remember, it's NOT your fault. My parents divorced when I was 4, not the same, but still.

Just hold on man. It can be tough. Youll make it through. Its not gonna be easy. Write music, and listen to it. Best wishes man. Ive experienced it myself.
My parents divorce affected me throughout my whole life so far. Like I still wish that they were together, and I'm still jealous of other kids.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by maidenfan15
Sorry, I was just playing.

But trust me, it's not that bad. My parents are divorced and it's not like some soap opera. I still see them both a lot and they don't hate each other. The good thing is you get double the gifts/money. It's obviously not worth it, but it's something. But if your parents were like most divorced couples, this is a better alternative to them fighting everyday. Couples try to stay together fore the kids, but no kid wants to see their parents screaming every day.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

No problem, and 16, 17 in November.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Your parents will most likely live close. Don't think that it's you're fault. My parents split when I was about 7. I barely remember it, and the last time I saw my mom was 6 years ago, I'll never see or most likely talk to her again.
Hope I helped.

EDIT: I'm only 3 months older than you, so I've probably had the same thoughts, feel free to talk to me about it.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Sep 20, 2009,
it will be something like 2 and a half men i assume
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Honestly, you can't do much. Try to get used to it. If they nag about each other when you're with them, tell them that you don't want to hear it, that that other person is still your parent too. If they don't nag about each other, be thankful.

Take it one day at a time, and remember that their problems are with each other, not you. Best of luck, and I'll be praying for you.
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

My parents split when I was 16. didn't really affect me too much. I was upset for a day or two, but they don't fight or anything and they've made up, so it's really not too bad.
Quote by floppypick

That's actually good. You're probably mature enough to understand that this is better than them fighting every day(Which I'm going to assume they did, because mine did). Like I said, parents try to stay together for the kids, but no kid wants parents screaming 24/7.

Quote by kstar22bassist
Honestly, you can't do much. Try to get used to it. If they nag about each other when you're with them, tell them that you don't want to hear it, that that other person is still your parent too. If they don't nag about each other, be thankful.

And this is amazing advice. Don't let them try to "convert" you to their side of the story. It was most likely both their faults and don't let them tell you otherwise.

Last edited by maidenfan15 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by darkwolf291
Well..as someone who's been through it twice, would you rather have them together and arguing constantly or have them split up?

They don't argue often though, which is why I'm shocked by the suddenness of this.

Occasionally they do, but it's not that common, and usually is worked out in a little bit.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

My parent's were divorced when i was 10 but i got to see both my parents as usual so it didn't effect me that much. The worse it could get is being separated from one of your parents then it it could be really bad for a kid so i hope that you won't be separated from one of your parents other then that it's not as bad as the TV makes it out to be. It's sad to see so many couples getting a divorce.
Quote by floppypick

Oh, and try to talk to your sister so she doesn't get too upset, specially if you're older or she's very sensible.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Tell your parents they're being ****ing ridiculous. They have kids now so they need to suck it up and not be little immature little ****s and **** up your life cuz they can't get along!
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Your parents will most likely live close. Don't think that it's you're fault. My parents split when I was about 7. I barely remember it, and the last time I saw my mom was 6 years ago, I'll never see or most likely talk to her again.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by RockNRollChaps1
Tell your parents they're being ****ing ridiculous. They have kids now so they need to suck it up and not be little immature little ****s and **** up your life cuz they can't get along!

Huge fail. This is exactly what you DON'T do. If they don't want to be together, they shouldn't be forced to.

Quote by RockNRollChaps1

Wake up it's 2009, parents getting divorced don't always affect the kids or"f*ck up their lives", unless the kid has problems before the divorce.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Page 1 of 3