hello there. im planning on buying different effects pedal that can do things such as chorus, flanger, phaser, etc. i happened to run into this line 6 mm4 "multi" effects pedal on ebay, and from what i can see and read about the product, it has multiple effects all in one pedal.

so is the line 6 mm4 worth getting, rather than getting different pedals for the same effects? the one i am looking at is this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Line-6-MM4-Modulation-Pedal-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ250501917601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item3a5313eba1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

it seems to be in perfect condition and it is only about $100.

is this a good deal? thanks UG
I personally do not care for multi. They don't give very good sound, though they give a lot of them. They can be a big pain in the ass to use as well.
Sounds like a good deal... if what your looking for is modulation effects then it is worth. You can program 3 affects in the footswitches while the 4 switch is for controling the tempo. And the guy is including also the power supply, is almost too good.
Quote by TormentedRx
I personally do not care for multi. They don't give very good sound, though they give a lot of them. They can be a big pain in the ass to use as well.

Multis IMO are awesome, and they can be a little complicated but most do have really good sound quality and can boost your tone if you know how to use your settings and balance your EQ.

I havent ever played with a Line 6 multi, but I'm looking foward to.

I personally suggest looking into a ME-50 Boss multi. Or another Boss multi for that matter, they make really nice ones.

The ME-50 was my first multi tho, and its fairly simple to use and sounds great. And it has a ****LOAD of effects, distortions, noise gates/compressers, synths, and Tone balancing options.

Check em out.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
If you can get for $100, go for it. It doesn't have enough presets though if you like doing a lot of different effects though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by Vypor
Multis IMO are awesome, and they can be a little complicated but most do have really good sound quality and can boost your tone if you know how to use your settings and balance your EQ.

I havent ever played with a Line 6 multi, but I'm looking foward to.

I personally suggest looking into a ME-50 Boss multi. Or another Boss multi for that matter, they make really nice ones.

The ME-50 was my first multi tho, and its fairly simple to use and sounds great. And it has a ****LOAD of effects, distortions, noise gates/compressers, synths, and Tone balancing options.

Check em out.

This blows away any Boss multi I've ever played. The MM4 is a great pedal, although it's all preference. All Boss multis I've played tend to sound very fake compared to others.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I just want to play with a few different effects and the MM4 I found seems perfect. as to the me-50, it seems way to complicated for me. i think i will just stick with the mm4 i found on ebay. $100 for that is a really good deal right?
Quote by mmolteratx
This blows away any Boss multi I've ever played. The MM4 is a great pedal, although it's all preference. All Boss multis I've played tend to sound very fake compared to others.

Never seemed to have this problem. The bass one sounds really good.

The boss also has a whammy+volume pedal, which can be set to a kick drum and about 5 or 6 other settings. Pretty cool.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
TS, I don't know if you realize that 95$ is only the starting bid and it's probably gonna end higher than that since the bidding ends in 6 days.
Just sayin'...
Quote by GuitarUser
This pedal is horrible, will **** up with your sound.

really? from youtube demos, it seems pretty good