from my preacher and it need a bit of work. I've never heard of the brand before but its a Alvarez Regent 5214/12 and it is missing a tuning knob, the strap peg on the end of the body and some pegs for the strings were broken / missing.

I've searched all over the internet (including UG) and have followed some of the advice given for other models of guitars but cant find what i would need to whip this baby back into shape.

I was looking at Gotoh tuners (SG38s i think) but i'm not sure what will and wont work for her. I'm sure any pegs for acoustics would work for holding the strings (tell me if i'm wrong!) and the thing for the strap worries me a bit as well (been told its not something you should deal with yourself).

any ideas on where to find these guys? will post pics if they would help and huge thanks in advance!!!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
well, you can always check what tuners are on it from the alvarez website (if they have one), if not, check www.stewmac.com , they have a bunch of parts for cheap.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Well, you can put any kind of tuner on an acoustic, as long as it fits in the hole. Just measure the hole and get a tuner to the size accordling. As for the strap peg, it depends if theres a hole there or not, if theres an undamaged hole then just screw a new one in, if not then have a professional drill and put a new one in. Simple as that.
Quote by TK1
well, you can always check what tuners are on it from the alvarez website (if they have one), if not, check www.stewmac.com , they have a bunch of parts for cheap.

i have checked the site. the only thing i really found is a note saying to call some guy during certain hours during week days. i will check that site in a bit though...

Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, you can put any kind of tuner on an acoustic, as long as it fits in the hole. Just measure the hole and get a tuner to the size accordling. As for the strap peg, it depends if theres a hole there or not, if theres an undamaged hole then just screw a new one in, if not then have a professional drill and put a new one in. Simple as that.

well, i'm wanting my tuners to match. i cant find a stock replacement and i'm wanting to find out about tuners that aren't too expensive and help hold tune well. from experience, cheap acoustics always go outta tune pretty quick.

also, there is a hole for a strap but looking at it now i'm not sure if its ever been used. it doesn't look like its ever been threaded / used. so i'm guessing any will work?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Last edited by joshua029 at Sep 20, 2009,
ya pretty much
______gear_________
schecter diamond series c-7
dean xm vendetta
digitech rp250
peavey audition

Hail My Dark Lord and Master
Well, thats when you replace them all, its prolly a good idea to do that anyway, but if you buy a set of tuners above $50, chances are that they are good tuners. And acoustics dont go out of tune very easily, there considered a hardtail, and hardtails hold their tune better than any other guitar without locking tuners.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, thats when you replace them all, its prolly a good idea to do that anyway, but if you buy a set of tuners above $50, chances are that they are good tuners. And acoustics dont go out of tune very easily, there considered a hardtail, and hardtails hold their tune better than any other guitar without locking tuners.

every acoustic i've ever owned / played lost its tuning very quick. my ibanez ae did, the yamaha i played did after a couple songs and my preachers others acoustics did as well...

maybe i'm just too strong...
Quote by Duff_McGee