This might sound ridiculously dumb...

Let's say I want to take an fx pedal, the tc electronic nova repeater for example, and use the stereo output to record a massive sounding track. The only way I can think of doing it is like this:

Guitar>Amp>Cab>Mic>Computer

Then after that's recorded,

Recording on computer>Pedal>Computer

But isn't there a way I can do this in one fell swoop? Possibly something like this:

Guitar>Amp>Line out>Pedal>Two cabs>Two mics

But without the usage of two cabs? I'd even settle for hearing one side only; I just want to be able to hear the wet signal so that I can tweak the effect in real time.

tl;dr how do you use a stereo output?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by solidsnake15
So when I bring girls home to my apartment and I've got dual monitors they get wet and say damn you can check your myspace on one screen and be watching lord of the rings on the other.
you'd need two amps or send one signal to a di box then to your computer while the other goes to the amp
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
So the DI signal would just be the guitar running through the preamp section, right? Would that sound decent running through a cabinet emulator, compared to the power amp'd signal? Or would it be more like a track to put behind everything as an ambient track?

Sorry for all the questions, as you can see I am a bit of a noob when it comes to recording. Just experimenting as to how to get the best sound, y'know?
Quote by solidsnake15
So when I bring girls home to my apartment and I've got dual monitors they get wet and say damn you can check your myspace on one screen and be watching lord of the rings on the other.