Page 1 of 2
So pit, I like this girl I've been hanging out with and I know the best way to let her know I like her is in person but would sending her a "cute" message be acceptable, or would it just be a little counter productive? Also maybe looking for a girl's perspective on this one, would you enjoy getting a message like "...you're a beautiful person and I really enjoy your company...blah blah" And I know there's a relationship thread and all that but I've seen stupider threads

And YES, it is a cool story, BRO.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
If you're already comfortably talking to her in person you may as well say that in person too.
Quote by Omegamagi
you're a beautiful person and I really enjoy your company

mistake number 1
I would!! Do it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by kannon
mistake number 1

girls on interwebz mistake 2
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by lzcougarz3
If you're already comfortably talking to her in person you may as well say that in person too.

This, she'll appreciate it more.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Nothing says ''I'm a desperate teen that will do anything to have a girlfriend'' more, than telling a girl you like her over the internet.

Don't tell her, show her.
Yah please don't use facebook. People don't know how to talk to people anymore.

I don't use facebook, but I know msn has crippled my abilities to say stuff like that to girls when I'm sober. I only get girls when I'm drunk haha.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Mayyyybe you can start complimenting her a bit more online, subtly. But ultimately best way is in person; if you seem nervous, she'll think it's cute.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
The Pit speaks the truth.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Flirt, but don't full on tell her you like her or ask her out if you're not doing so in person. Sometimes it works, but it usually fails.
Wite her a real letter and mail it. I don't know if she will like it but I would bet my left nut that she won't expect it.
Nineteen
Quote by speakers
girls on interwebz mistake 2

I lol'd. Good ol' 09er humor. You got it bro

TS, I might suggest relationship thread, but this is kind of out there. In general, my poor advice would be to say/do everything that you think matters IRL.
The playground of the world
Quote by Omegamagi
The Pit speaks the very obvious truth.

Fix'd
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Omegamagi

Would we lie to you?

... >_>

Don't answer that.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
No, it's not hard IRL but the thing is we're usually hanging out with a group not really alone. I'll just ask her to hang out alone sometime soon, I'm pretty sure she likes me since lately she started asking me to hang out a lot. Already hinted at it a few times (took her to a movie and paid for it, etc)
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
in a convo in facebook let the conversation get into judging someone's attractiveness, and then say something along the lines of "yeah, like if i met you at a party, i'd think you were really hot" then let that evolve to the knowledge of the fact that you think she's hot, then if she reacts positively, keep progressing, and that'll give you the confidence to talk to her about such in person, and if she reacts negatively, then no large amount of awkwardness shall ensue. this is how two of my relationships have started.
You can try to chat her up online, but asking her out has to be done by phone or in person.

And NO cute messages like "you're a beautiful person and I enjoy your company" or 1 of 3 things will happen (maybe even all )
1. She'll be wearing the dick in the relationship
2. She'll say no because you're the gay friends who makes cute facebook comments
3. She'll think you're a weirdo and disassociate herself
Don't do it! I did pretty much the same thing you're talking about doing... I wish I had asked the pit's advice beforehand... haha
behold the infinite wisdom of the almighty pit.
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Quote by Omegamagi

Well whatever you end up doing,i wish you the best of luck because,when one pit monkey gets laid and shares the experience on the internet,we all win
Holy **** no-one's mentioned fapping.

EDIT: ...yet
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by dreamtheater111
in a convo in facebook let the conversation get into judging someone's attractiveness, and then say something along the lines of "yeah, like if i met you at a party, i'd think you were really hot" then let that evolve to the knowledge of the fact that you think she's hot, then if she reacts positively, keep progressing, and that'll give you the confidence to talk to her about such in person, and if she reacts negatively, then no large amount of awkwardness shall ensue. this is how two of my relationships have started.

Well I know her IRL but I'm a little drunk and I've been debating whether or not to send her a message just for the hell of it.

Lol I guess calling a girl beautiful and telling her you enjoy her company is gay? I wouldn't say it to a lot of girls but if you knew her you would know she would appreciate it.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Asking to hang out on Facebutt isn't a bad thing. Just say "let's hang out sometime this week, what are you up to Thursday?" Do homework, flirt, dinner, chill, rent a movie, something, and see where it goes. You'll be able to tell if there's chemistry.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
This isn't really about fapping or getting laid (just yet) She's a beautiful and intelligent girl and I feel like we have a deep connection. Plus she plays bass/piano and we jam and we're going to see The Mars Volta next month and probably tripping...there's so much win in this girl that I don't want to lose :}
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Unless she really likes you, that won't work.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.

lol
Quote by Omegamagi
This isn't really about fapping or getting laid (just yet) She's a beautiful and intelligent girl and I feel like we have a deep connection. Plus she plays bass/piano and we jam and we're going to see The Mars Volta next month and probably tripping...there's so much win in this girl that I don't want to lose :}

Ask her next time you jam. Just don't be fuck up too much, or you either won't remember, or it may seem unreal.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Omegamagi

Lol I guess calling a girl beautiful and telling her you enjoy her company is gay? I wouldn't say it to a lot of girls but if you knew her you would know she would appreciate it.

She would appreciate the power you just handed over to her. If you tell a girl that you like her straight up you lose the flirting game and all choice in a relationship forming will go to her. Her choice will likely be to take advantage of you then reject you. (I don't care how nice she is or if this is a nice act, it will NOT get you in bed with her.)

Quote by Omegamagi

If you wanna put yourself in the friend zone then do it. There will be no getting laid later if you pull this ****.
Talk to her on the phone all night. She'll fall madly in love with you. I **** you not, bro.
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
Quote by Omegamagi
Well I know her IRL but I'm a little drunk and I've been debating whether or not to send her a message just for the hell of it.

>but I'm a little drunk
>calling a girl beautiful

i see where you're coming from
Take screenshots.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by Frank Fury
Talk to her on the phone all night. She'll fall madly in love with you. I **** you not, bro.

It worked for me
Page 1 of 2