Hey I'm in a band that's just now starting to move on to larger venues and I'm starting to need a more concert friendly amp than my AD30VT..

I know I want a tube combo, and I'm most likely going to be buying used. My price limit is probably about $500 used but if I can go for cheaper that would be sweet.
I play mostly jam rock and blues rock, I need nice cleans, but I'm not as worried about gain or anything because I'm also getting an Ibanez Tube Screamer.

I was thinking about a Peavey Classic 30 but idk...thought I might as well as UG what they recommend!
Last edited by ronsonol004 at Sep 21, 2009,
Classic 30 would be good, also look into the Bugera V22. The Phase 90 won't add any gain just to let you know.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Peavey Classic 30 is an awesome amp

excellent drive for hard rock and nice clean tones.
This is just a suggestion, but before i bought my amp head i just ran my vox ad50vt through a mesa 2x12 cabinet i bought from craigslist for 350 dollars. It was more than enough volume for gigging and it really changed to dynamics of the amp entirely. Cabinets truly open up your sound and when your ready for the big boy pants (a tube head) you'll be good to go with a bitchin cabinet.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by ronsonol004
Woah yeah my bad I meant the Ibanez tube screamer.

No problem bro.
Check out the Bugera I mentioned and the classic 30. Both do high gain nicely with an overdrive, but where both amps really shine is gettig rock tones and great cleans.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
For jam stuff I would go with a clean amp with a lot of headroom. Hot Rod Deluxe?

That with a TS808, analog delay, univibe, and a Vox/Crybaby wah would be a great setup.
yeah i have a fulltone clyde right now and im hoping on getting a delay soon so ill be needing an amp that takes pedals nicely..
Quote by jc349
Classic 30 would be good, also look into the Bugera V22. The Phase 90 won't add any gain just to let you know.

If u go with a bugera, get a warranty cuz I tried that 22 in store and I heard a bang as she died.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen