Page 1 of 2
Since I'm still awake at 5am and rather bored I figured I would make a thread in the Pit about one of my favorite subjects; cooking.

So Pit, who likes to cook? Any recipies to share? Ideas?

To start things off I will give you my recipe for vegetable hotpot.

Ingredients (for 6 person serving):
-Oil
-2 crushed garlic cloves or a little bit of garlic puree
-1 onion, chopped roughly
-1 tablespoon of chilli powder (whatever strength you feel like although if you like it hot, use less powder of a higher strength, unless you like it really hot, then you could use two tablespoons of the highest strength you can get)
-450g of potatos, chopped roughly
-450g of turnips, chopped roughly
-350g of carrots, chopped roughly
-350g of leeks, chopped roughly
-225g of mushrooms
-4 tablespoons of plain flower (very important that it is not self raising)
-600ml of vegetable stock
-400g can of chopped tomatoes
-400g can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
-Thyme
-Cumin
-Pepper
-Salt (although I personally don't use it)

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees

2. Fry the onion and the garlic in a little oil in a large casserole pot until they begin to brown (about 5 minutes) then stir in the chilli powder and cook for another minute.

3. Add the potatoes, turnip, carrots, leeks and mushrooms and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes then stir in the flower and cook for another minute.

4. Slowly stir in the stock with the tomatoes and season with the pepper, cumin and thyme. Bring it to the boil then cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.

5. Remove from the oven and stir in the beans then put it back in the oven uncovered for about 20-25 minutes.

6. Eat it.

I love this kind of food around this time of year when summer is finishing and the days are getting colder and darker.
Its also great in the depths of winter when its too cold to go outside and you can sit indoors with a big steaming bowl of the stuff and a big ass slice of wholemeal bread.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I don't think Pitgoers go into the kitchen...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
There was a thread like this a while back. I had my recipe for fajita pizza in it too
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
There was a thread like this a while back. I had my recipe for fajita pizza in it too

I posted in that thread too but it got closed for some reason. Thats the only reason I didn't revive the old one.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I made up a recipe for some kickass Rice Krispie treats. Forgot it though.

BUT I made this fruit sauce that goes awesome on brownies and ****. It's got about 7 different kinds of alcohol in it.
I make some beautiful ass fajitas; I love cooking. Actually if anyone cares, I met some lady from that show Ace of Cakes last night, the one named Mary (the less famous one). Nice lady, even though I don't really watch that show.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Last edited by salsawords at Sep 21, 2009,
Don't really watch that show, but the show in your avatar is win
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Yeah, I love cooking, but I dont have any recipes really, cause I dont use them. This often leads to major failures (especially an improvised Brownie recipe) but sometimes it works and kicks ass.
Dont sig me, bro!

Quote by Unourrit01
i love you.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lulstack?
i use the microwave from time to time
Quote by MightyAl
Step 1. approach buxom bar wench
Step 2. Bet her 50p you can make her tits jiggle without touching them.
Step 3. Grab her tits and give them a good shake
Step 4. hand over 50p(the best 50p you ever spent).

^^ Lawlzz
I suck at cooking. Whenever I try and do any, my mother just ends up taking over because I fail so badly at it.

Sometimes I make toast.
XIAOXI
Quote by HarrisonB
Yeah, I love cooking, but I dont have any recipes really, cause I dont use them. This often leads to major failures (especially an improvised Brownie recipe) but sometimes it works and kicks ass.

I do the same mostly but when I come across something that works I write it down.

That one I posted up there came about because my boss was going to throw out a batch of root vegetables because a lot of them were spoiled (which he technically has to do by law, but its still a waste) so I took the unspoiled ones home and got experimenting and came up with that pretty quickly.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Momentosis
I don't think Pitgoers go into the kitchen...

That's what our women are for.

Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
That's what our women are for.

The average Pitgoer has a woman?

Relating to the thread, I've always wanted to really get into cooking but I've just got alot of other stuff to do. I can make some awesome Mexican food though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The average Pitgoer has a woman?

I have a woman but she can't cook for shit.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I thought it said cookie enthusiast, I was about to say, I love me some good chocolate chip or even peanut butter, but it seems I will have to endure yet another disappointment
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by IDread
I have a woman but she can't cook for shit.

But are you the average Pitgoer?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I hope this thread lasts. I'm 21 and live on my own. I have no idea how to cook but I’m going to start learning as of tomorrow. This thread will come in handy.

EDIT: Should mention why I'm learning to cook

1. I'm sick of eating take away food

2. I'm trying to land a girlfreind and ugly f*ckers like me need all the help they can get
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by GoldenBlues
I hope this thread lasts. I'm 21 and live on my own. I have no idea how to cook but I’m going to start learning as of tomorrow. This thread will come in handy.

Something cheap and tasty.

XD

Get a bowl... kinda wide and flat.

Crack a couple eggs into it.

Add in Salt and Black Pepper.

Stir and stir and stir till it's pretty well mixed up.

Put stove on high. Get frying pan. Pour in some oil(corn/vege doesnt matter).

Get BREAD!

Dip and coat the bread with the egg.

fry and flip until both sides are cooked(not slimey.) I usually do mines well-cooked and it doesn't take that long at all.

Make sure you have the fan on.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i just finished making a pot of clam chowder. it takes 30 minutes, and i can eat it for 2 days straight. truly, god's gift to humanity.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I enjoy baking cookies and cakes a lot.

I've cut down on it since a) going to college, and b) trying to get healthy.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by namesroverrated
I thought it said cookie enthusiast, I was about to say, I love me some good chocolate chip or even peanut butter, but it seems I will have to endure yet another disappointment

Well believe it or not cookies have to be made... Go find a recipe and post it up.

Quote by mmolteratx
But are you the average Pitgoer?

Point taken.

Also, cooking group anyone? In case this thread doesn't stick.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by IDread
about the recepie.

Yeah man that sounds really awesome! I think this is a great idea for a thread and i'll try to get round to making that tomorrow or whatever. I think it's really good that you've done this cus we can all share ideas for food we make and stuff and homemade food is always better than processed crap lets face it.

I wish i had soem right now actually haha, it's been abit of a late one , went to see an open mic night and got through a fair few pints of bitter whilst listening to some awesome musicians and one did covers of a couple of Neil Young songs (he did them justice too!).

Needless to say im feelin abit worse for wear haha. I need sleep!

been in the cooking biz for 10 years.

all sorts of kitchens. but i'm going back to school for engineering.. still love to cook at home tho

got a wicked one for vegetarian corn chowder.

1/2 sliced onion
chopped carrots
chopped celery
cubed potato (peeled)
1 cup of frozen corn
chicken stock
salt, pepper, chili flakes
1/4 cup of flour with water (this is a thickener, if you're a celiac.. you can use cornstarch)
lotsa milk
2 tbsp of butter

start out with your butter in a pot and melt it over low heat. put your onions in and let that caramelize with your salt, pepper, and chili flakes. keep your heat LOW.

while its caramelizing, have another pot going with boiling water. boil your potatoes halfway and then toss in your carrots and celery to blanche for a bit.. afterwards strain the water and put into your other pot thats butter, spice and onions.

pour milk into the pot until it covers the veggies then cover and continue cooking on low heat (all stoves are different, but i usually have mine on 3 or 3.5). once its all hot and simmering slowly and the veggies are cooked through, add your thickener (water/flour) by slowly pouring it in while stirring. it should then turn a creamy consistency. Add your corn and let it simmer for another 5 or so minutes.

voila. perfect winter chowder that goes great with sandwiches.

if you want to add meat, i find pork or roasted chicken goes best. make sure its really tender and then throw the already cooked meat in last. after you put the corn in. over boiling it tends to turn it really tough, or if its chicken.. reduce it to a big mess of strings.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Message to admins:

Plz don't delete this or if there's another then bump it or whatever because this is an awesome thread and i think its a really creative idea and i'll definatly be reading it a lot as i think a lot of people will. It's helpful
Quote by Zugunruhe
i just finished making a pot of clam chowder. it takes 30 minutes, and i can eat it for 2 days straight. truly, god's gift to humanity.

this man speaks of the truth

I dont cook

I just like to eat
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Well the other night i came home to find no one was home, so i had to make something off the top of my head, so i got some fuseli, boiled that, cut up a bit of chicken breast, fried it and put a bit of tomato puree in the pan as it was cooking, mixed it all together, put in some herbs and mayo, and it was done, it was very nice.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by GoldenBlues

EDIT: Should mention why I'm learning to cook

1. I'm sick of eating take away food

2. I'm trying to land a girlfreind and ugly f*ckers like me need all the help they can get

get a beef chuck roast, london broil, or some similar cut. make a bed of cubed potatoes, carrots, and onions either in the bottom of a crockpot or oven pan. coat the veggies with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper. salt and pepper the beef and lay ontop of the veggies. pour a can of beef broth and a can of golden mushroom soup over every. if youre making it in the oven, cover with foil and put in for 2-3 hours at 300 degrees. easy and cheap pot roast.

i use this recipe for general tao's chicken and it always comes out really good: http://blogchef.net/general-tsos-chicken-recipe/. you'll probably need to triple the amount of sauce called for as they kinda skimp. i also like to add broccoli and diced onion.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Sep 21, 2009,
Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe

Paneer is Hindi for Cottage Cheese.

Ingredients:

1 Large block of Paneer
1 onion
1 Capsicum
1 Tomato
Few Mushrooms
Finely chopped Coriander leaves
To Marinade:
1/2 cup Curd (plain yogurt)
1 tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Ginger Paste
2 tsp Tandoori powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp Chaat powder
Salt to taste
Red chili Powder to taste

How to make indian paneer tikka recipe :

* Cut Paneer into long 1/2" thick cubes.
* Cut all vegetables into cubes.
* Mix all ingredients for marinade and keep aside.
* Add the left marinade to the vegetables.
* Brush the marinade to the paneer and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
* Heat oil in a pani and fry marinated paneer till fully done.
* Also fry other vegetables.
* In a plate arrange fried vegetables and then paneer.
* Garnish with coriander and lemon slices
* Serve tandoori paneer tikka hot with chutney.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Sep 21, 2009,
hmm. i usually eyeball my pizzas, i'll put something down for it later. for now, here's some BLT:

Ingredients
4 strips of bacon
2 leaves of Romaine lettuce
4 slices of tomato
2 slices of bread
Mayonaise

Procedure
1. Cook the bacon on a frying pan over a hot flame until crisp. Put the slices of bread in toaster and lightly toast the bread until light brown.

2. Cut the slices of bread in half down the middle. (Lay the flat part of the bread facing you and the curved top part away from you and cut from the top curve to the flat bottom). Put some mayo on each piece of bread. Set aside two pieces of bread.

3. Cut 4 slices of tomato and peel off 2 leaves of romaine lettuce.

4. Lay out two pieces of bread and put 2 pieces of tomato on each. Take 2 pieces of bacon and lay them on top of the tomato for each piece of bread. Next, put the lettuce on top of each piece. Cover with the other two pieces of bread.

5. Lightly press down on the BLT and enjoy!

Here's a super quick and easy meat-free spaghetti recipe:

4 Cheese Spaghetti
Takes about 40 minutes and serves about 5 people.

Ingredients
1 lb of spaghetti noodle
1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb of Gruyere cheese
1/2 lb of fontina cheese
1/4 lb of gorgonzolla cheese

Procedure
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Boil a pot of salted water and cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain the water and set aside. Grate and mix the mozzarella, gruyere and fontina cheeses together.

2. Lightly butter the bottom of a baking dish and put 1/3 of the spaghettie evenly in the dish. Spread 1/3 of the mozzarella gruyere and fontina cheese mixture ontop. Lay out another 1/3 layer of spaghetti and another 1/3 layer of cheese. Finally, lay out the last layer of spaghetti and cheese. Crumble the gorgonzolla cheese all over the top.

(Note: You can drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle some salt/pepper over each layer of spaghetti for moisture and taste).

3. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly light brown. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and serve hot!
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Last edited by SathiaSun at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by ShallowEndings
Uh the thread that i told I=Cookie to make got closed by daytripper, due to the fact that there was another thread that existed..

Don't get me wrong, i love to cook but whats special about this one?

Which still exists to this very day, but don't worry I won't report you... I am a nice Pitperson

@ namesroverrated, I think you should try: www.cookiemadness.net

And if you have questions always happy to help!
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
I know how to make cookies. Considered as cooking? EDIT:You guys like azn food? easy to make tho.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Last edited by Dawnwalker at Sep 21, 2009,
Yeah i like too cook, went to culinary school and all that jazz.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Chocolate Souffle

I made it yesterday, it was great.

Ingredients:
Softened butter, for greasing dishes ( I just used canola oil spray)
1/2 tbs caster sugar, plus extra to coat dishes
90g good-quality dark chocolate
75ml thickened cream
2 eggs, separated
20ml (1 tbs) brandy (optional)
1 eggwhite
Icing sugar, to dust

Method
Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease two 300ml souffle dishes with butter, then sprinkle with extra sugar to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to chill.
Place the chocolate and cream in a pan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the egg yolks and brandy, then cover and set aside for up to 2 hours.
Whisk the 3 eggwhites until stiff peaks form, then add caster sugar and whisk until glossy. If the chocolate has gone cold, reheat slightly then fold in 1 tablespoon of the eggwhite into mixture, then fold in the rest.
Fill the dishes to just below the rim, bake for 8-10 minutes until risen. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Pot au vin:
1 Chicken (no giblets)
4 large packs of wagon wheels
5 mars bars
1 bottle of wine
1 spliff

you stuff the chicken with the wagon wheels and mars bars and shove it in the oven

Drink all the wine while you're waiting for the chocolate to melt.

smoke a spliff.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I like cooking. Contrary to ppular belief, it has nothing to do with my vagina
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'm not a good cook but I have been making a lot of milkshakes recently. I've been experimenting with different flavors of ice cream and I discovered a really awesome milkshake.
Get a blender and put "dulce de leche" and cookies and cream flavored ice cream in. About the same amount of each. Add hershey's chocolate syrup, hershey's caramel syrup and milk. Blend.

It's really good, if you ever have the chance, try it.
i really like cooking, i just got in to a chef school.

will anyone join if i make a chef/cooking group?

EDIT: k i made da group dunno if u like it but i still made it plz join
They are trying to crawl inside your head
Last edited by Affe93 at Sep 21, 2009,
Don't be ridiculous, there aren't any women in the pit. How could they reach the mouse all the way from the kitchen?

I like to cook. I make Omellettes and sandwiches the best. I need to work more on roasting, my repetoire now only includes grilling and frying.

EDIT: Anyone ever go to this website? http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

I think it's beautiful and I want to try the things depicted therein.

Closest I've come is making a monte cristo. I made 3 and just canonballed those suckers.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by Affe93
i really like cooking, i just got in to a chef school.

will anyone join if i make a chef/cooking group?

EDIT: k i made da group dunno if u like it but i still made it plz join

I would if you would just post a link...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Page 1 of 2