Ok Heres my Info

I got about a $600-700 budget
I play pretty much any rock genre From Punk to Metal.
I'm open to any brand
I'd Like it to have a Nice clean sound that can switch and handle distortion decently.
Thats it.

Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks.
Go for an LTD, specifically one of the EC series, with EMG's.

Such as this one:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC401-Electric-Guitar?sku=580199

Or any of the LTD 401 series. Choose your shape, and theyve probly got it. And the build quality is great.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
stay away from emg's - it's fairly hard to get a good clean sound out of them. sounds like you don't really know what you want - i recommend going to a guitar store and playing many different guitars; you don't even have to plug them in, just see what they feel like. i would personally recommend something with a heavier body, like a les paul alternative; schecter tempest custom comes right off the bat with nice pickups, and can handle punk and metal very well.

It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
stay away from emg's - it's fairly hard to get a good clean sound out of them. sounds like you don't really know what you want - i recommend going to a guitar store and playing many different guitars; you don't even have to plug them in, just see what they feel like. i would personally recommend something with a heavier body, like a les paul alternative; schecter tempest custom comes right off the bat with nice pickups, and can handle punk and metal very well.

Pfft. You apparently never used a proper set of EMG's. I've used passive, and Seymour Duncan Blackouts and an EMG 81/60 set. I can get a good clean sound out of both EMG pickups, and the Blackouts as well. I actually like the active clean sound over a passive pickup such as a SD JB. The Schecters are good guitars, but the LTD's have more features for the price.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
You can get a used hellraiser c-1 or (if you're lucky) a used ec-1000 on ur budget. Those are my recommendations.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by hopespaul
stay away from emg's - it's fairly hard to get a good clean sound out of them.

No, it isn't. You just need to know how to properly EQ, and how to efficiently take advantage of all the controls on the guitar itself.

TS, I'd take a look at either Washburn WI-66 Pro, or the Washburn X50 Pro. Both are great guitars. The only difference, aside from looks, is that the WI-66Pro has a vol/VCC for each pickup, whereas the X50 has ONE vol/tone and a coil split.
VCC is like coil split put into a dial. It's pretty cool, but you lose the tone knob for it, so it might not be for you. If that's the case, then go for the X50.
Les paul custom. Got one a couple years ago. Love it. its all the guitar you will ever need.