I was at the bookstore picking up A Tale of Two Cities for English class when I saw A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawkings on display. I didn't have enough money to buy it, but I wish I had. But to the point now, what is time? I was thinking about it and I realized that I have no idea what time actually is.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
The degradation of all living life forms perhaps?

Taken from dictionary.com
1. the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
2. duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Last edited by Butthead at Sep 21, 2009,
An illusion
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Time as a "when" is a concept invented by man in order to explain the precise location (as in where") on the space time continuum in which man currently is at. Clocks, calendars, years, these things are worthless instruments simply designed to tell you where the earth is in relation to the sun.

Time as you know it is a lie.
Nothing more than a dimension
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by VANGELIS!
Time is money, according to my boss.

money is the root of all evil. Therefore time is the root of all evil.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by wyldething
Nothing more than a dimension

This
4th dimension=time
Quote by dubstar92

Therefore he's working for Darth Vader
what is time?

baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more...
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by dubstar92
"I might **** back the gauge and start shootin at ya people
I'm lookin for the devil cuz moneys the root of evil"

an IOU cookie for reference, unless you're a google using bastard.
This is something that's still kinda up for debate, isn't it?
Oh well.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by mamosa
Actually, time is an expression of gravity. Think about it......

Elaborate? Time is influenced by gravity, sure.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
It's the "when" of a thing, a point that can't be reached by moving towards or away from it, because that would be impossible without breaking the speed of light.

That might be completely wrong, as I am purely conjecturing.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
you are a time. think about that.

more specificly your body is a time.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Time is nothing more then a measurement of what has happened in the past, what is happening in the present, and what will in the future.

Also, time is not a lie. Time exists, but we have no way perceiving it for what it really is, so we had to come up with a system that is easily and widely acceptable, like anything else.
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Also, time is not a lie. Time exists, but we have no way perceiving it for what it really is, so we had to come up with a system that is easily and widely acceptable, like anything else.

wheres the proof that time exists?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
wheres the proof that time exists?

I don't know. There may be proof, there may not be, but I sure as hell don't know. I was offering a logical solution, that makes sense, and is easily understandable. What I meant was, we needed something to express change, and that something is time. We came up with a system for it, applied it, and it works. It may be correct, incorrect, or partially correct, but its there. Its a theory, like many things.

Now, you could be obnoxious and deny its existence, which would be pointless, because our lives are revolved around time, or you could just take my two replies for what they are.