ive got a roland cube 60 amp, and on the back of it there is a "External Speaker" jack, now ive read on the roland site that a speaker cabinet (4x12, 2x12, wateva) can be connected to it, but i wanna kno if anyone has done it

just so i can get a it confirmed by someone that has done it, coz i dont wanna go out and buy a 500-900$ cab and find out that it doesnt work
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
If you're gonna spend that much on an extension cab, why not just buy a new amp?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
If you're gonna spend that much on an extension cab, why not just buy a new amp?

+1

The cube is definitely not a bad amp, but there's loads better for that money.
man, get a tube amp

you wont need 4x12 unless you play in soccer fields...
2x12 is fine.
Quote by jc349

theres no point in me buying a new amp wen i already have a good one, all i need to do is make it louder

Quote by enselmis

I recommend either a Mesa cab or an earcandy buzzbomb.

i was actualy lookin at a 4x12 behringer BG412V 200w cab which goes for bout 400$ aus

or theres a randal 320w 4x12 goin for 750$ aus
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Quote by MetalManForLife
theres no point in me buying a new amp wen i already have a good one, all i need to do is make it louder

i was actualy lookin at a 4x12 behringer BG412V 200w cab which goes for bout 400$ aus

or theres a randal 320w 4x12 goin for 750$ aus

mesa cabs resonate too much bass freqs, but your suggestions are even worse.

you need it louder? mic it and run it through the PA.
Quote by GrisKy
mesa cabs resonate too much bass freqs, but your suggestions are even worse.

you need it louder? mic it and run it through the PA.

that always works (dont realy have to mic it, it can plug directly into a mixer)

but yeah i was lookin at those cabs coz i dont wanna go spending too much on a cab, i just sumthin cheap, and with decent power to it
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Quote by MetalManForLife
that always works (dont realy have to mic it, it can plug directly into a mixer)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

the external speaker send is to carry the load. send that to a boad and it'll fry... or your amp will, depending on a couple things, Whatever JUST DON'T DO IT.
Quote by GrisKy
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

the external speaker send is to carry the load. send that to a boad and it'll fry... or your amp will, depending on a couple things, Whatever JUST DON'T DO IT.

theres a separate mixer plug, on the back of the cube 60 u got the external speaker plug (for connecting to cabs etc), then theres a "Line Out" plug thats goes to the mixer, + bout 3 extra plugs for footwitches (to control effects and switch channel)
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60