Im looking for an amp that has some balls but is also fairly cheap and im open to many price ranges. Honestly I would love something like a dual recto but thats just not practical for my in home situation haha. Why do I ask for tube? I think it will suit my EMG's in my hellraiser better than a SS even though I read the new Marshall DFX100 or something like that is a good amp for metal. So basically anything tube that would give me a pretty good metal sound and is 50 watts or less because having to crank a 100 watt tube head to get that metal sound does me no good. I have a OD808, Metal Master, and NS2 to go with it. Any suggestions would be great!
I dont really know about anything under 100 watts, but Ive heard good things about the Bugera 6262 and Bugera 333XL, but those are 100-120 watts, but you could try getting an attenuator so you can play quietly but still have the full sound.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
look at a peavey valveking. ive heard some pretty heavy overdrive out of some with the right setup. the 30 watt 112 combo starts around $400
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
sounds like you haven't played a tube amp before. 50 watt, 15 watt, 100 watt, 300 watt will sound the same in your bedroom. it's more about whether the amp has the power to blow up a stadium

shop around for a used crate blue voodoo. it can kick some ass - it's a little bright, but if you know how to eq well. cheap amps come with a price lol
It's all about feel
Yes I have played and owned a tube amp before and it certainly sounds different at lower volumes than it does at higher volumes thus the whole point of overdrive in the first place
if you knew anything about amps then you wouldnt have even brought up the mg series lol

I have heard gtreat things about the b-52 at-112
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Ok coming from the guy with a Spider, I certainly did not bring up the MG series, It was an amp featured in guitar player last month that was supposedly good for metal by Marshall and I dont remember what the name of it was
yea practice amp man,not something i use everyday

as of right now what i usually play on is my uncles crate blue voodoo which is stationed at my house

but i will not argue

dont get a mg period.

they are hrrible.
edit:just realized that you didnt state mg lol.

I havent played a marshall that suited a metal tone i was looking for...whats you max price range man
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Last edited by williamdllr at Sep 21, 2009,
whats your max price range?

see edit above
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

b-52, bugera, peavey 6505 112 combo etc
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I havnt really thought of a price range but I would say around $600, if the amp is amazing I might be willing to spend a little more, ive definately had my eye on the 6505 combo hopefully ill see one in a store and try it out
I love my B-52.

Now you get one.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Go with a Bugera combo. Trust me, you'll like.

I have a 6262 Head.
Last edited by 1if3 0wn3r at Sep 21, 2009,
If you are only playing in your bedroom/home, and you aren't the home owner...

Blackstar HT-5.

If you gig, which hasn't been said.

B-52 at 112 combo.

Or something used off craigslist, ebay, gumtree etc. Depending on what part of the planet you are on.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
People suggesting the 6505+ and 6505 combo do realise that they cost £1000+ right?
They cost 10 times the price of my Valve amp (laney LC15, not recommended for gigging, but nice practice amp).
Quote by Punk_Ninja
People suggesting the 6505+ and 6505 combo do realise that they cost £1000+ right?
They cost 10 times the price of my Valve amp (laney LC15, not recommended for gigging, but nice practice amp).

Erm...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

Anyway if you have a band and you're going to be gigging then you will probably need something like the 6505+. Otherwise Blackstar HT-5 is the way to go. Apparently 5w tube is more than enough for bedroom practice.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
Erm...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

Anyway if you have a band and you're going to be gigging then you will probably need something like the 6505+. Otherwise Blackstar HT-5 is the way to go. Apparently 5w tube is more than enough for bedroom practice.

Holy **** WHAT!?

This is news to me, I think I've found my next amp
I swear it was £1000+ just last year?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Holy **** WHAT!?

This is news to me, I think I've found my next amp
I swear it was £1000+ just last year?

Thank god for Thomann, eh? They're pretty much the cheapest gear site in Europe. Anyway maybe you're talking about the 6505 212, it's a little different.
And much more expensive.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Ah, I haven't looked into amps in a good year or so because I haven't felt the need for a new one til now, so it's like a new world again to me.

And yeah, Thomann seems the best site for buying gear now, just last year I'd have said "go to GAK" but Thomann's definately looking up.
Quote by williamdllr
if you knew anything about amps then you wouldnt have even brought up the mg series lol

I have heard gtreat things about the b-52 at-112

If you knew anything about amps you wouldn't have bought a Spider lol.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Find you a Peavey Ultra.. Great tone (even better if you throw a sonic max in the effects loop) and it also has a 60 watt 120 watt switch, so you can either run at either low volume or high volume.
Quote by IncendiumMortem
look at a peavey valveking. ive heard some pretty heavy overdrive out of some with the right setup. the 30 watt 112 combo starts around $400

No......

Valveking's are NOT made for metal, unless you get a OD pedal with alot of drive, theyre not metal amps.
check mah thread
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by sXe170
No......

Valveking's are NOT made for metal, unless you get a OD pedal with alot of drive, theyre not metal amps.

Not made for, but can play.
Marshall JCM800s aren't made for metal, but feature in metal a lot.

My Laney LC15 isn't made for metal, still use it for Metal.
Quote by yoyodunno
but that's not the point...if he wants an amp for metal get an amp for metal.

well if he also wants some versatility......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Lovecannon
If you knew anything about amps you wouldn't have bought a Spider lol.

Hahahah you just told him!
Quote by williamdllr

i LOVED that one!
Dude, just get an attenuator - they're fairly inexpensive and that way you don't have to downgrade your search just because of the levels you'll be playing at.

My first tube amp was a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 and if you can still find it, it has great sound for the money.