Ok so I've been needing a new bass and amp for awhile, and i came across 2 that I liked but needed your help to decide which is worth it's price..

An Explorer
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Korina-Explorer-Bass-581873-i1472616.gc

Or a Flying V
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Ltd-Ed-Korina-Flying-V-Bass-581874-i1472309.gc

Also help wanted about the amp. It's a Marshall MBC410 4x10" Bass Reflex Speaker Cabinet, and I wanted to know if it's worth it's price.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MBC410-4x10--Bass-Reflex-Speaker-Cabinet-604010-i1394927.gc

Thanks in advance!
Sory forgot to post the head
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MB450H-450W-Hybrid-Bass-Amp-Head-484009-i1394901.gc
Last edited by DreykeB210 at Sep 21, 2009,
Well first, that is a cab, not an amp. You can't really just plug your guitar into that and play, you need a head first. I'm not sure if you know, but you didn't post anything about a head.

I'm oblivious to that line of basses, so I couldn't tell you.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
go for the V there pretty much the same guitar other than looks. but the pickups are slightly better on the V and it doesnt look ****.. much
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by lordofthefood1
Well first, that is a cab, not an amp. You can't really just plug your guitar into that and play, you need a head first. I'm not sure if you know, but you didn't post anything about a head.

I'm oblivious to that line of basses, so I couldn't tell you.

he said needs a new amp, im guessing he has a head already.. or hes an idiot, either way. cos he stated in his post he knew it was a speaker cabinet.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Cant say anything bout the cab, but its a toss up on the basses. I get the feeling that the explorer might have the same neck dive problem as the T-bird. And the Flying V has that acursed 3 point bridge that being said I think they do both look like more solid choices then most epi basses
The explorer will have about the same neck dive problems as the T-bird, and IIRC the flying V will be worse. IMO, I wouldn't get either...but to each his own.

The cab seems ok, oddly. Usually Marshall stuff is terribly overpriced. Why a 4-ohm, though? What head are you using with it?
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 21, 2009,
I would recommend against getting any bass made by epiphone. IMO they're poorly designed and sound awful.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Get either. They'd sound fine with new pickups. Try EMG DC's.

Oh, and stay away from Marshall bass amps. Try Hartke or Gallien Krueger.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
yeah epiphones imo are the ****tiest basses i have ever put my hands on. I played a thunderbird because i though the looked cool and it felt like a block of wood in my hands. I don't think i've ever played a worse bass.
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
If you really want an epiphone, at least get a T-Bird Pro, but if you want a cheap brand with good quality, I would suggest a squire vintage modified jazz. Also, don't go by one guy's idiotic review on how nice the explorer looks, it's common knowledge that they suck.

Also to the people that mentioned this, it shows the link to the head right there, learn to open your eyes!
Quote by Shreddinator666
If you really want an epiphone, at least get a T-Bird Pro, but if you want a cheap brand with good quality, I would suggest a squire vintage modified jazz. Also, don't go by one guy's idiotic review on how nice the explorer looks, it's common knowledge that they suck.

Also to the people that mentioned this, it shows the link to the head right there, learn to open your eyes!

I can say from a lot of jamming with my mate Epiphone Explorer(guitar) does actually not suck its goot a nice tone its good for Thrash metal and metal in general.

Looking at the Explorer it will neck dive, and its got t-bird pups aswell.I like mines on the fact i got really attached to it and i just generally love it as it was my first new bass and i just fell in love with it.

Everyone's diffrent on what they like i know theres a t-bird hatebandwagon like the Spider one on the electric guitar forum, all i can say to those following the crowd being on a forum is not about being a sheep...
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
@Razgriz

Play the Explorer guitar does not represent how the explorer bass will sound or feel. They are two entirely different instruments that just look the same. There's a reason for all the epiphone/gibson bass hate here, and that's because for their price they are generally poorly constructed and dull sounding.

to the OP.

For the price range you're in you could always look for a used mexican Fender or even a new squire vintage modified. They're great inexpensive basses. As for amps have a look at a good combo. Maybe the Acoustic B200 or a nice Carvin combo, they make really good stuff.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
Quote by bananahammock
go for the V there pretty much the same guitar other than looks. but the pickups are slightly better on the V and it doesnt look ****.. much

Shame the pickups are the exact same on both of them... TB-Pluses all around. And certainly not good.

Basically, TS, definitely try out those basses first. Don't buy on looks alone. If you can't try them out... Then you're playing Russian roulette with your $400. Some people like Epiphones, a lot of people hate Epiphones. I wouldn't take that chance.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
I personally wouldn't touch any of that stuff with a 99 and half foot pole.

Both the basses and the amps are pretty poor designs made by companies that know only there reputation for good guitar gear will bring in sales.