I was just wondering how you would go about improvising over back in black. I've just been playing through the solo but am curious.

So far my guess is it's a pentatonic with some chromatics thrown in? Anyone care to correct me?

How would you guys go about improvising over it?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Im quite suprised no one can really answer this...thanks for the help tho sporkman
I wudda thought it would be fairly common to improv over it
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Shoot me, but i dont know the song. Find out the key of the solo, then work your way up from there. A good start is always pentatonics as mentioned above. Then if you're comfortable with it, add some flavor notes.
Back in Black is in E minor.

/thread
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Back in Black is in E minor.

/thread

I figured but I think angus somehow embelishes the blues scale and pentatonic
Thanks steven

And to the guy who didn't know what it was
Go listen to it...Nao!
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
The solo is entirely written in Em pentatonic using mainly "off the shelf" licks - by which i mean standard rock licks which work in almost all contexts. I can see one example of the blue note in the solo, beyond that entirely pentatonic with a bit of bending.

EDIT: in the last bar he uses a natural 6th, you could use those in small quantities, tey sound quite 'blues'
E minor pentatonic and blues are basically it. One thing you'll have to listen for and get down are the major pentatonic licks Angus uses. I can't remember off the top of my head if theres much of it in Back In Black, i dont think so.. but Angus is great at mixing major/minor pentatonic.