Hi,

I've recently been considering buying a new electric guitar and since i already have one equip with a decent pair of hum-buckers and since I'm not loaded with cash, I've decided to look for a guitar that offers something different.

I'm into playing Jazz and jazz fusion mainly but I play like 70's 80's soul and rock aswell with the band I play in. I've started to get interested in telecasters because of their distinctive sound they get with that lipstick pick up on their neck position but considering the kinds of music I play I would like to know if I can get that telecaster sound with a light, comfortable guitar that perhaps is equip with a RELIABLE vibrato system for around 500 pounds.
Id be very grateful for your advice on what kind of models best suit what im looking for.
Fender strat? would that be a Mexican built one for that price?

I currently use a Roland 30watt cube that I find to be versatile and of a good standard but I would like to up the wattage and try different amps and have a more informed opinion on them cuz at the moment I know very little about amplification and since ive got a bit of cash now I can have a serious look for a better model

What well-rounded amp would you recommend for around 300 pounds that included inbuilt effects?
dont go for inbuilt effects, save up an buy pedals
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Yeah, it'd be a tex mex build. If you save some more I think you can get some MIJ strats. I heard the MIJ ones are really good, some people say better than the American ones.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Solid S/hit
Yeah, it'd be a tex mex build. If you save some more I think you can get some MIJ strats. I heard the MIJ ones are really good, some people say better than the American ones.

They're on par with the MIA standards.

Quote by Moon_Force
mij?

Made in Japan. You gotta be careful though, most strats in Japan are made with basswood. Which isn't bad, but if you ever get a sunburst, Alder is better and will hold it's value overtime.

As for the topic. Keep saving your money. Buy a good MIA strat or maybe a used '57 or '62 reissue strat.

As for amps, save up also, you can buy a used Blues Junior, Champion 600, Peavey Classic 30.

If you want to have a sweet tube amp for the money, look at Ceriatone. Marshall/Vox, Fender, Dumble, and Hi-Watt clones.
I've been torturing myself looking at G&L guitars. The Tribute series are pretty good value. I can't decide between the Strat like Legacy model or the higher end Comanche with noiseless single coil pups..