Hi,

Ive been considerin buyin a new electric guitar and since all my guitars I currently use are Yamaha I was wondering what the best Yamaha Pacifica model is for the price range of 400-600 pounds.
All advice and help will be greatly appreciated.
do not get the 412 no matter what, unless you change the pickups. only look at the 612 and the 812, because they have the seymour duncan pickups. i have the 612 and it is just awesome. the 812 is better if you can afford it because it has seymour duncan single coils as well as the humbucker. also the grover locking tuners on the 612 are not as good as the sperzels on the 812. they are the only differences between the two. if you do get one of them you will not regret it. yamaha make pro guitars, and they don't cost nearly as much as the competition.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Oh yeh, Im into jazz and jazz fusion mainly but also play 70's 80's soul and rock with the band im in. I play a roland cube. I plan to get another amp but I highly doubt that it'll use valves are tubes.
Last edited by Moon_Force at Sep 21, 2009,
well if you play jazz then the 812 is your best option. i play some jazz and the single coils in the 612 aren't quite good enough for the cleans. both guitars are great for rock though.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
probably the 812, unless you're willing to go used. there was a higher-end model with a warmoth neck (821? not sure of the exact designation), but i haven't tried them. they're meant to be really nice, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?