Ok i figured this was the best place to put this question, correct me if i am wrong.
Prices for gear over here in Australia are b*llsh*t and i'm sick of it, so my mate in england is going to do me a deal where i'll tell him when i have the cash equivelent of quid, he goes out and buys the gear, ships it to me and when i have it, i send him the cash, well i don't know how to send him the cash.
I'm from Victoria, Australia and i need to send it to Wigan, Great Manchester
How do i send him my cash and how much will it cost, is there any online guide for this
You'll have to factor in shipping, which may well bring the cost up to your Aussie prices.

You can send money as a gift via PayPal.
wouldn't it be better to ask a banker and you know there's something called Ebay you could by directly from the Us and Uk shops and you wouldn't have to bother your mate but I agree with you prices around here generally suck but I find Cranbourne music to be the fairest
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Yeah you'll need to keep the total price of the item + shipping under $1000aud otherwise you'll get slapped with customs and taxes.
I need to send him 200$ for a head, How much do you think it will cost? it's ten past nine at night here so i kinda cannot wring the local postie, cheers
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yeah you'll need to keep the total price of the item + shipping under $1000aud otherwise you'll get slapped with customs and taxes.

Seriously, $1000 is the gift limit when you import into Aus?
In the UK it's like £18. So no matter what you buy unless the seller will lie on the customs decleration you gonna get raped.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by ShredHead396
I need to send him 200$ for a head, How much do you think it will cost? it's ten past nine at night here so i kinda cannot wring the local postie, cheers

Paypal is the supposedly 'safe' option. But of course you both need a paypal account and a bank account/credit card/debit card linked to that account.

Quote by Solid S/hit
Seriously, $1000 is the gift limit when you import into Aus?
In the UK it's like £18. So no matter what you buy unless the seller will lie on the customs decleration you gonna get raped.

Yikes that's ****ing bull**** you get slapped with so many taxes it's literally not funny.
wigan isn`t in greater manchester it`s lancashire.

if you do it it via paypal you`ll get stung by their fees, wait til the morning and get his banks sort code and his acc number and just do a wire transfer through the banks.

as said you won`t be getting a better deal by the time the taxes and shipping are added.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 21, 2009,