do you know what key the song is in? because that will effect what notes your going to use when building your chords.
The easy way to do it would be just to make them power chords. But you could also determine the key the song is in and then from that select the possible chords that could be played with each note, then get the one that sounds best to you/with the song.

For example. The B could be a B chord (the obvious answer) or it could be a G chord OR an E chord. That E could be major or minor depending on the key. But it looks like the song is likely in Am/C or at least it predominantly is but I haven't even listened to it yet since my roommate is asleep.
You could do that with each note until you made a logical progression within the key.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Sep 21, 2009,
The thing with bass is that mostly only the root note is played along with the corresponding chord on the guitar. For ex- the B note on the bass might be played with a Bmajor or a Bminor chord. The G note can be played with a Gmajor or a Gminor chord.

So once you've identified the notes of the bass guitar, just convert them to major or minor according to the key it's in and you have a song.
There are countless of possibilities really. You could play
G - D - C - D7
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Quote by Artemis Entreri

For example. The B could be a B chord (the obvious answer) or it could be a G chord OR an E chord. That E could be major or minor depending on the key. But it looks like the song is likely in Am/C or

Can you explain why B G or E?
Quote by Thepredster
Can you explain why B G or E?

The B can act as the root of a B chord, the major third of a G chord, or the perfect fifth of an E major or minor chord.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane