Does anybody know of any techniques or effects I could use to make it sound like my guitar is "screaming"? Like a high pitched shrill scream?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Lots of gain and volume, hit a natural harmonic on a low fret (4 or 5 say), yank the whammy bar.
Any particular string?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Play screamo! HAHAHAHA

I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Not so much a "squeal" but more of a scream. I can squeal well, it just doesnt sound anything like I want it to. The Slipknot song "Prosthetics", in the intro it has the perfect example of the noise I am after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKm97i-GbEk
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Turn your amp up really loud and then take the jack out of the guitar and like poke things with it

In seriousness, pinch harmonics or just stand reall close to your amp with it really loud?
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
do a pinch harmonic, all you have to do is play the note and immediately after your pick hits the string, scrape it with your thumb. If that doesn't explain it good enough, all you have to do is youtube it.
I think im giving the wrong signals here..I can pinch harmonic and I can do it good. But what I am after is a SCREAM rather than a SQUEAL.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
hit a pinch harmonic whilst raking the stings and pulling up then pushing down on the trem and using wah and distortion, works better on a 'vowely' wah like a 535q or big bad wah
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 21, 2009,
Octave/Whammy pedal + some bending or a floyd is probably what is used in the Slipknot song.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
its just a good lead sound with reverb and delay. he is pushing down on the whammy. its pretty simple. but to get a reverb like that its not going to be in a cheap pedal.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Get a whammy pedal TS.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Can you give us an example from a song or sumtin?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Whammy pedal is the best solution if you want to play more than 1 note at high pitch, however doing whammy bar pull ups makes effective screams
The song explains an emotion, as an end to lifelong mysteries, and the fantasy, for the fantasy is final result of reality...
Fantasy Engines
Josip Pesut
Quote by Cerberus7string
touch it with Michael Jackson gloves

+1 Best Post EVER. I love you man.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
you guys are all ****ing idiots. turn your amp up really loud. with lots of gain. then go for a huge bend. it will scream. trust me
Quote by cmalmo4
you guys are all ****ing idiots. turn your amp up really loud. with lots of gain. then go for a huge bend. it will scream. trust me

No need for that now is there?

TS, Whammy harmonics or pinch harmonics scream, also so does feedback, but it's not recommended that you do that.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄