Ive finaly got this amp up and running. payed 1060 off the bay.
I put sovtek 6550's in it and sovtek 12ax7 in v1,4,5 and tungsol 12ax7 in v2-3.
im running it through a bad behringer cab. Ive got a ts9 and a zoom g2 running infront of it. i pretty much just tryed to get the heaviest tone i could, while still maintaining clarity ect....anyway heres a sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTwMOz55zQA.
hope you enjoy
HNGD man, but you need some more time dialing that thing in right. Sounds really nasty! No definition at all and sounds really harsh. I know that thing is capable of much much better, spend some more time with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSvx1uFQqrY
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 21, 2009,
yeah i had a sound that was pretty similar to that, but i just wanted to go heavier. The mic kills alot of the low range, sorry about that.
Congrats on the new amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Congrats, man! I'd try dialing in a heavy tone without the TS first, then go from there. That amp should rip pretty good on its own. You'll get a better idea of how to EQ it without any FX cluttering the signal IMO. As stated above, a good cab would likely make the biggest difference, though.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
i played one in san marcos, and i enjoyed it.
HNAD!
but we need some pictures...
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I owned the Framus Dragon for about three weeks. It sounded crap at low volumes. Really fizzy and dry. How does the Cobra sound in similar situations?

Congrats, btw.

edit: I just listened to the clips and agree with Mark G. I know the amp has the abilities to sound better than that--and I hope that doesn't offed. It might be the same with both amps, where you need to drive it harder to find the more edible tones it's capable of.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I owned the Framus Dragon for about three weeks. It sounded crap at low volumes. Really fizzy and dry. How does the Cobra sound in similar situations?

Congrats, btw.

edit: I just listened to the clips and agree with Mark G. I know the amp has the abilities to sound better than that--and I hope that doesn't offed. It might be the same with both amps, where you need to drive it harder to find the more edible tones it's capable of.

Nah not offended, but in its defence i will say the mic, is really making it sound alot more fuzzy/thin than it acutally is. And yeah u gotta get it into the louder volumes to get some fullness to the tone. But once its loud, its amazing.
HNAD Bro.

Unfortunately I have to send the amp police to your house to rescue your amp from that Behringer cab. Sorry.
Quote by donni69
Nah not offended, but in its defence i will say the mic, is really making it sound alot more fuzzy/thin than it acutally is. And yeah u gotta get it into the louder volumes to get some fullness to the tone. But once its loud, its amazing.

WTLTL 2011
Quote by donni69
I've never recorded any of the amps I've owned that sounded nice, because of that problem. I may as well be playing with a Cube, the quality is so mediocre.

Congrats again. I hope you enjoy it!
I want one of these so bad

HNAD.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com