Heard of them and like them.
67 60%
Don't like them
8 7%
Never heard of them
36 32%
Voters: 111.
Page 1 of 2
So pitgoers how many of you have heard of Australian comedians Hamish and Andy?

If you have, do you like them (why/why not)

if you havent, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWKnjvs_fgY
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Last edited by mental_cookie at Sep 21, 2009,
Together, do they make Amish?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Hamish is the funny one...

Andy is just like his side kick... who is funny to, but no where near as funny as Hamish

I listen to them a bit... The radio station they're on isn't my type of thing...but they're funny so
They'll be good for a bit longer. Then they'll go the same way Rove's gone.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Ghosting is the greatest invention ever.

EDIT: geetar_man0 is a front for Communist crack dealers.
Last edited by Kurinchiru at Sep 21, 2009,
Andy is seriously underrated IMO but on their radio station they both love the sound of their own voice
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by Kurinchiru
Ghosting is the greatest invention ever.

EDIT: geetar_man0 is a front for Communist crack dealers.

Ree-hee-heealy!!!!!!
Quote by geetar_man0
Ree-hee-heealy!!!!!!

Last edited by Kurinchiru at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by dann_blood
They'll be good for a bit longer. Then they'll go the same way Rove's gone.

+1 Rove has the ability to suck any comedian he works with down to his level.
In my opinion Tony Martin (although born in New Zealand) is Australia's funniest comedian.
Quote by soulflyV
Fail.

Didn't realise it was a gif til the last second. Gimme a break. Couldn't find the Lloyd cool face.
Quote by Bass First
I still like rove

I enjoyed the 10 year anniversary, even though most of the funny stuff was from 4 years ago or more.

Anybody else like Ryan Shelton?
Quote by Kurinchiru
I enjoyed the 10 year anniversary, even though most of the funny stuff was from 4 years ago or more.

Anybody else like Ryan Shelton?

He's ****e. He's even worse than Rove.

"SAY HI TO YOUR MUM FOR ME!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA, good one Rove! How does he do it?

On topic though, H&A are funnier on radio than they are on TV, in my opinion. Sean Micallef is Australia's best comedian, hands down. His stuff on TAYG is hilarious.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by Kurinchiru
Didn't realise it was a gif til the last second. Gimme a break. Couldn't find the Lloyd cool face.

wat

Quote by b4t3man
He's ****e. He's even worse than Rove.

"SAY HI TO YOUR MUM FOR ME!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA, good one Rove! How does he do it?

On topic though, H&A are funnier on radio than they are on TV, in my opinion. Sean Micallef is Australia's best comedian, hands down. His stuff on TAYG is hilarious.

Good lord, yes.

This thread is now about Micallef.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz0xL2ba1YM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfKYNsR7W4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NkEz87mIew
Last edited by soulflyV at Sep 21, 2009,
Micallef stutters too much.

Paul McDermott is the best, and Ryan Shelton was far better on Real Stories.
Quote by b4t3man

I agree that H&A are funnier on radio.

But Sean Micallef (IMO) is terrible, especially on TAYG. It's all just jokes that my mother would laugh at.

And I still think Rove is awesome. Althoug I only been watching for 2-3 years. The older stuff they showed on the 10 year anniversery from years ago was awesome though.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I miss what the? It was on the 10 year anniversary but shelton murdered it. In a bad way.
But i think we all love k.rudd PM

I also agree, H&A and way funnier on radio but now all they're playing is that collectors edition ****.
Kevin Rudd PM is the best thing that ever happened to Australian television.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by Kurinchiru
Zappa isn't an Australian comedian...

ಠ_ಠ

I have to admit, that was funny though. Especially when he played the old ABC theme song/tune.

Quote by thanksgiving

ಠ_ಠ

I respectfully disconcur with your impeachable opinion.
Quote by thanksgiving

Quote by thanksgiving

***? All he does is make crap non-sequitur dialogue that is crap.

Good God I hate the audience on Rove's show. You can just fucking tell that they're from the "i'm so trendy and alternative" pack.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by b4t3man

This.

Anyone see when he was on Thank God You're Here, he just sits down and starts munching on the props (apples), when the other actors arrive he basically told them to shut up, he's still eating?

Also, Hamish is regularly on Spicks & Specks and Good News Week, both shows are quality viewing.
Quote by dann_blood
***? All he does is make crap non-sequitur dialogue that is crap.

Yeah I know, it seems like something I would have made in Year 7 Media thinking I was being funny.

Quote by dann_blood
Good God I hate the audience on Rove's show. You can just fucking tell that they're from the "i'm so trendy and alternative" pack.

The audience from Good News Week is worse. I'll admit GNW has its moments, but the audience make the show unbearable for me. I mean Mikey Robbins puts a funny hat and the audience breaks into hysterics, applaud like lunatics and a small group of them form a suicide cult.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by JohnnoEH
This.

Anyone see when he was on Thank God You're Here, he just sits down and starts munching on the props (apples), when the other actors arrive he basically told them to shut up, he's still eating?

Also, Hamish is regularly on Spicks & Specks and Good News Week, both shows are quality viewing.

I love Micallef's mannerisms, especially the way he stops and puts on one of those looks. I also like the fact that a lot of his stuff is unexpected, and even though it's probably been rehearsed countless times, it comes off (to me at least) as impromptu stuff.

More importantly, his comedy is more high-brow stuff. He doesn't have to resort to 'who would you turn gay 4? lolololololol'.

Quote by GoldenBlues
Yeah I know, it seems like something I would have made in Year 7 Media thinking I was being funny.

The audience from Good News Week is worse. I'll admit GNW has its moments, but the audience make the show unbearable for me. I mean Mikey Robbins puts a funny hat and the audience breaks into hysterics, applaud like lunatics and a small group of them form a suicide cult.

Yeah, I can't stand that. Love the show though. Used to watch it with my dad back when it was first on (I think it was on the ABC back then).
I used to watch Rove when it started in '99. It was great but then slowly over time became more produced and less funny.

Dave Callan was hilarious! He deserves to have his own show.
That was surprisingly funny.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
While we’re on the topic of terrible Australian comedies, I figure I'll motion the 7pm project. Dave Hughes brings absolutely nothing to the show and he never has anything funny to say, he just stutters incoherently about nothing. I barley even watch TV these days, I get all my laughs of the internet.
Quote by GoldenBlues
While we’re on the topic of terrible Australian comedies, I figure I'll motion the 7pm project. Dave Hughes brings absolutely nothing to the show and he never has anything funny to say, he just stutters incoherently about nothing. I barley even watch TV these days, I get all my laughs of the internet.

The 7 Pm Project isn't a comedy, it's a news program. o_O
Page 1 of 2