i have an old levinson blade strat and i play mostly thrash and sometimes blues ! i want to have new pickups ; 3 single pickups ! i want a dimarzio ones but i'm not sure if i could install them in my guitar !! please tell me wich kind of the dimarzio range should i choose and what is necessary to install them !!
please leave any suggetion an if there is something better tnah dimarzion tell me !!
thanks and sorry for my very bad english !!
What amp do you have?

Also, 3 single coils aren't what you want. Get a stacked humbucker in the bridge and a singlecoil in the neck and middle.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
i have dimarzio true velvets in the neck and middle position of my MIM strat and they give you the definitive strat tones that we all know and love without being brittle at all. if you play thrash youre probably going to want a humbucker in the bridge. you can get a stacked humbucker that will give you most of the fatness of a regular humbucker and fit right into the bridge's single coil spot. ive never tried out a stacked bucker so i dont know what to recommend but if you go to dimarzios site ( or seymour duncan or emg or whatever) you could probably get a pretty good idea of whats right for you.
the problem that the humbucker can't be installed on my guitar , i should buy a pickup set with the pickguard ! for the seymour duncan what should i put with it in the neck and the midlle !
Quote by wereizmama13
the problem that the humbucker can't be installed on my guitar , i should buy a pickup set with the pickguard ! for the seymour duncan what should i put with it in the neck and the midlle !

no a stacked humbucker is like two halves of a humbucker stacked on top of each other so its the size of a single coil and would fit right into your guitar now. but routing out your pickguard to accept a regular humbucker would be pretty easy or you could buy another that has the humbucker sized spot for the bridge for about 10-15 american if you dont want to do any cutting.
I'm going for the EMG SA with EXT and SPC
That's what Gilmour was using for long years

I like the division bell sound and the EMGs bring out the distortion very well

When I decide to go for a humbucking pickups I'll get a Les Paul
you can't have 2 good things in one
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
no a stacked humbucker is like two halves of a humbucker stacked on top of each other so its the size of a single coil and would fit right into your guitar now. but routing out your pickguard to accept a regular humbucker would be pretty easy or you could buy another that has the humbucker sized spot for the bridge for about 10-15 american if you dont want to do any cutting.

ok thanks , but which one should i choose and would it be simple to install them ??
Quote by V.U.K
What amp do you have?

Also, 3 single coils aren't what you want. Get a stacked humbucker in the bridge and a singlecoil in the neck and middle.

i have a marshal " lead 100 mosfet " with trucker cab and a marshal g100rcd with vs412 cab but i always play the lead 100 mosfet , it's an old one ( 1989) but it sound great !
GET EMG's!!!!!1one

Seymour Duncans work as well.

EMG has some pretty good active single coils that could do both clean and distorted.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
GET EMG's!!!!!1one

Seymour Duncans work as well.

EMG has some pretty good active single coils that could do both clean and distorted.

wich set should i put .???
My guitar teacher has a blade. It's pretty darn nice actually, shame you play thrash with it.
EMG Gilmour's!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Quote by Matt-92
My guitar teacher has a blade. It's pretty darn nice actually, shame you play thrash with it.

hihihih , i also play blues ; i bought a new guitar ; ibanez mtm2 but the blade is the best i ever seen , i can't leave it !
I would strongly suggest a hotrails for the neck and bridge. That way you have an HSH configuration. For the middle, I haven't a clue. something brighter and mild.