I know, misleading title is misleading. Anyways, on to business...

I have Beefy Slinkies (.11's-.54's), and I was wondering, if I downgraded to Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms (.10's-.52's) if I would need any nut work, or if the strings would still fit okay, since it's not that big of a change in string size.

Thanks guys!
you'll never know 100% until you try, but yeah that's not a big jump at all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
No, it's not too much of a string guage jump.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
HA Ha nice pun.
Your guitar will be fine. You may want to considering setting up your guitar as the new tension may affect the neck and such.

Yeah, that was the only thing I was really worried about it. I had to have the Tech adjust it to get the tension set for the thicker strings, and now I'm going to have to have him move them back. I bet he hates me now

Unless of course it's something simple enough that I can do, and if someone would tell me how to do it.

I'm a nub when it comes to working on my guitar. The only I really do is replace the batters and change string, given it's already bee setup for those strings
swap the strings then if needed, click the green link in my sig.

you wont know until you swap them
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
swap the strings then if needed, click the green link in my sig.

you wont know until you swap them

Ah, awesome! Thanks (wo)man!
haha yep yep
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by SMB13
Yeah, that was the only thing I was really worried about it. I had to have the Tech adjust it to get the tension set for the thicker strings, and now I'm going to have to have him move them back. I bet he hates me now

Unless of course it's something simple enough that I can do, and if someone would tell me how to do it.

I'm a nub when it comes to working on my guitar. The only I really do is replace the batters and change string, given it's already bee setup for those strings

Nah he doesn't hate you. I'm sure he loves you because you're giving him business lol. I don't trust myself to do any neck or bridge adjustments so I leave it up to my tech too. Same for me-replacing strings, change out batteries, tighten things up when need be. That's about it lol
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Nah he doesn't hate you. I'm sure he loves you because you're giving him business lol. I don't trust myself to do any neck or bridge adjustments so I leave it up to my tech too. Same for me-replacing strings, change out batteries, tighten things up when need be. That's about it lol

Hmm... True.

I think I'm just going to give it to him and have him adjust everything. I don't want to risk ruining anything.
Quote by SMB13
Hmm... True.

I think I'm just going to give it to him and have him adjust everything. I don't want to risk ruining anything.

well why dont you swap the strings then ask questions. i'm not going to let you mess anything up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well why dont you swap the strings then ask questions. i'm not going to let you mess anything up.

Well, it's not that I think you'd steer me wrong, I just think I'd mess up and instead of fiddling with it, I'll have just have a tech do it and I not have to worry about it, lol.

EDIT: Hell, I'll try and do it myself, and if I **** up, I'll just take it to the tech this Saturday after I get paid.
Last edited by SMB13 at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by SMB13
I know, misleading title is misleading. Anyways, on to business...

I have Beefy Slinkies (.11's-.54's), and I was wondering, if I downgraded to Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms (.10's-.52's) if I would need any nut work, or if the strings would still fit okay, since it's not that big of a change in string size.

Thanks guys!

should be good. i just had 11-54's on my guitar, and went back to 10-46, but subbed the 46 for a 52. worked fine.