Page 1 of 2
How many of you have gotten henna tattoos?
I know lots of beaches and amusement parks have stands for black henna tattoos; I'm from Bangladesh and henna is a tradition in the Indian subcontinent for different celebrations. Yesterday was Eid (celebration at the end of Ramadan) and a lot of the women put on mendhi (traditional henna) in designs on their hands.

A traditional one looks like this:

People have it very elaborately done for weddings and it can cost around $100

I did a really simple one for Eid but most of the time I just make little test tattoos on myself or friends
Attachments:
Picture 13 - Copy.jpg
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'm too much of a western european marauding capitalist swine descendant to get a henna tatoo.

I'll probably get a normal tattoo though that says "I only brake for fat cats".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'm too much of a western european marauding capitalist swine descendant to get a henna tatoo.

I'll probably get a normal tattoo though that says "I only brake for fat cats".

Get it between your nipples.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i got a real one
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
it looks really hard to make a good one. i like the first pic
W00t, another Bengali on UG.

Yeah, I've done henna tattoos for Eid for as long as I can remember. I just developed enough skills to do those elaborate ones. The trick is to fill up all the gaps with as much swirlies/floral stuff/lines etc. as possible.

I'll maybe post pictures as soon as I can find my camera.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
are they permanent?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by vintage x metal
Get it between your nipples.

Kinky.

You should get one, though, I think they're cool. Are the patterns area or culture specific?
Quote by hitl
it looks really hard to make a good one. i like the first pic

The first one is really nice; I agree. To get it that nice you have to have a really fine tip and a lot of patience, something that nice would take about a half hour to design and then another 2 hours to dry and take off.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I don't even think they look nice.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
F*** henna tattoos, be a man (or in my case woman) and take a real one (or two or more )
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
No, i never wanna get a Henna tattoo after seeing some people's allergic reactions to them.

Just get a real one they last longer Giggity Giggity.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
are they permanent?

Nah, they usually last for two weeks. If you get it on your palms and wash your hands often you have to make sure to let the henna set for a good few hours for it to last longer than a week, and it depends on the quality of the henna too. Some gets nice and dark brown and stays that way, others only get an orangey tinge and fade quickly.

Quote by Kjell
Kinky.

You should get one, though, I think they're cool. Are the patterns area or culture specific?

The little girl in the shadows in the bottom picture is me I have one on my left hand. I had to do them for a bunch of my mom's friends and my friends so mine is pretty simple since I didn't have much time/will to make it nice.

The patterns in the pictures in the first post are pretty standard for all of India and surrounding countries. It varies from place to place and person to person but it's usually one large focal bit, often a 6-ish shape or a flower shape, filled in and surrounded by swirls and dots and parellel lines and anything else to fill in space.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Is the stuff they make the tattoo's with the same henna stuff my GF dyes her hair with? I now recall her saying its henna she uses on her hair.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Is the stuff they make the tattoo's with the same henna stuff my GF dyes her hair with? I now recall her saying its henna she uses on her hair.

Mhm it's all from the same plant. A lot of people use it to dye their hair reddish
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Mhm it's all from the same plant. A lot of people use it to dye their hair reddish

Yep reddish is right. bright red actually.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by vintage x metal
The little girl in the shadows in the bottom picture is me I have one on my left hand. I had to do them for a bunch of my mom's friends and my friends so mine is pretty simple since I didn't have much time/will to make it nice.

Thought I recognized that cute face

Quote by vintage x metal
The patterns in the pictures in the first post are pretty standard for all of India and surrounding countries. It varies from place to place and person to person but it's usually one large focal bit, often a 6-ish shape or a flower shape, filled in and surrounded by swirls and dots and parellel lines and anything else to fill in space.

Ah ok, do the patterns mean anything? Like strong lines mean this, or curvy lines mean that?
Quote by Kensai
Thought I recognized that cute face

Ah ok, do the patterns mean anything? Like strong lines mean this, or curvy lines mean that?

Mostly yes. They denote specific shapes and have significance. In Delhi, we have this Henna guy who does various events from the religious texts on the hands. Pretty cool.

But mostly they are just random symmetrical patterns which look good.

Henna is a must for all the religious festivals/weddings in Indian subcontinent.
Quote by vintage x metal
How many of you have gotten henna tattoos?
I know lots of beaches and amusement parks have stands for black henna tattoos; I'm from Bangladesh and henna is a tradition in the Indian subcontinent for different celebrations. Yesterday was Eid (celebration at the end of Ramadan) and a lot of the women put on mendhi (traditional henna) in designs on their hands.

A traditional one looks like this:

People have it very elaborately done for weddings and it can cost around $100

I did a really simple one for Eid but most of the time I just make little test tattoos on myself or friends

Im half Indian ad my girlfriend is Indian. She has Mehendhi on her hand too. Its pretty sexy.
Yours needs more work. But I applaud the attempt.

Edit: I never knew you were from Bangladesh.

We beat your ass in cricket.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by shattamakar
Im half Indian ad my girlfriend is Indian. She has Mehendhi on her hand too. Its pretty sexy.
Yours needs more work. But I applaud the attempt.

Yar, I spent about 5 minutes on mine but I did some really nice ones on other people.

edit: Hey, **** you It's true though; the only thing Bangladesh is really good at is fishing and collecting homeless people.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by vintage x metal
Yar, I spent about 5 minutes on mine but I did some really nice ones on other people.

Nice.
Yea, Mehendhi can look really sexy when its simple and elegant.
But when its overdone like in the second pic..It looks pretty horrible.

This one is sweet.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

^ I like that one. I like any that are long; I generally don't like the ones that cover the whole hand and don't go on to the wrists at all
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

kamoon achen
henna is fahtah fahti
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Heminator89
That World Cup loss to Bangladesh still stings though.

Lost to Bangladesh?

Oh wait...I see that ur Indian too: Im a twat..Lol
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by GaijinFoot
kamoon achen
henna is fahtah fahti

Tum kya bataya taar?
Yeh dil maange more.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by luv090909
Mu me le.

Yays at the cricket thing

Gandh chat! xD

You just said " Put in your mouth"

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

I think they look really beautiful.

Oh and the type of 'henna' you get allergic reactions to - the black stuff - isn't real henna, it's some cheap chemical-filled crap you get at dodgy fairgrounds and what not. stay away from that stuff.
Quote by Heminator89
In his last line he said.

Lick your ass.

NAO! NAO! No abuses in Hindi.

Kyun?
Quote by luv090909

Kyun?

Tumhaare maa

OLOLOL

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by GaijinFoot
kamoon achen
henna is fahtah fahti

Bhalo achi, bhai! Appne kamon achen?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

this indian lady who I used to work with got some for some reason and I thought they looked cool.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Page 1 of 2