Hey there,
a few days ago my Bogner broke down on me: as I flick the amp on, the leds on my footswitch and my tubes are lit but the leds on the front panel of the amp are out and when I put it off of standby there's no sound at all.

What could be wrong with my precious amp? It's almost 9 months old and I always used it properly.

Please help me!
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
power tube might have went, mine went on day 2
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Is it normal that the leds on the front panel don't work anymore if a powertube breaks?

EDIT: I can see both powertubes still burning in the back when the amp is on.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Last edited by K!nj! at Sep 21, 2009,
bad power tubes wouldnt cause the front LEDs to fail to turn on. i couldnt guess exactly what it is (sorry) but given the complexity of the circutry id say you might need some professional help (again sorry). try getting it fixed under warranty if you can. if you cant get results with the shop with repairing it try talking directly to the manufacturer.
Quote by K!nj!
Is it normal that the leds on the front panel don't work anymore if a powertube breaks?

Nope thats not normal, it could be an electrical fault, maybe a fuse went, theres a lot of things that can wrong with tube amps unfortunately
Diezel, Motherfucker
Yeah, your amp is gone. Really, there's no way you'll ever fix it, so why not just sell it to me???

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well my mom is going to bring it back to the shop where I got it from this week, but would it be better to fix it under warranty than? And how can I let the amp fix under warranty, contact the manufacturer?
In the UK, and most of Europe (to my knowledge) all electrical goods have a 12 month warranty. You just go back to the shop, with your receipt as proof of when it was purchased, and explain the problem and they should get it fixed for you or replace it for free. Sorry to hear about the amp though; dunno how I'd cope if my H&K broke... now you've got me all paranoid!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
actually when the powertubes in my alchemist went the LED's were noticeably flickering on the boost and OD channels, i thought it was a more serious problem than tubes but 2 new power tubes later and it's all fine...
ohh how many people misread the title :P

EDIT: probably just me ...
"I will endure, hide away...

I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure"

Opeth - April Ethereal
Guitar C. gave me a new one right away, hope it works out !
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by Vredesbyrd23
ohh how many people misread the title :P

EDIT: probably just me ...

WTF are you talking about?
Quote by GrisKy
WTF are you talking about?

I think he was trying to relate is to boner...but it really failed.

Anyway, I would just take it back to the shop. You should still have warranty so you'll be okay.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Hmmm okay thanks guys, I'm gonna take it to the shop wednesday and than we'll see what's wrong and how they can solve it... I'll keep you guys up to date.