Buy a new set of strings. Get them at any music store. There are plenty of guides on how to set new strings on.
don't worry too much chances are the strings were very cheap and prone to breaking anyway.

where did the string snap? at the bridge or the tuners, the nut?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
ok fair enough that sounds like just a weakness in the string. But before you restring it check the tuner for any sharp edges or points, things like that can cause strings to break very early in their life.

You should be ok so just go out and get a new pack of strings, I'd recommend buying a pack of rotosound swing bass 66 strings. They are pretty much the industry standard strings
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The action can be fixed but it's not easy to do yourself unless you really know what you're doing.
Since you're new to playing I'd guess you don't know too much about setting up a bass so I'd suggest taking it to a music shop who should have someone that can do it.

As for the strings, seeing as you only just bought the bass I assume you've never changed strings before. If you buy some new strings from a shop they'll probably put on the new strings for you and if you ask them they'll probably show you how to do it so you know for next time.

Make sure you change the strings before adjusting the action though as different gauge strings will put different amounts of tension on the neck.
If you opt for slightly heavier strings than the factory strings (which I often find are fairly light) then that might correct the action and solve your problem anyway.

Hope this helps.
To expand on the above post, I'd pay for a good setup if the action is off. Take the new set strings and the bass to your local and have them do it, esp. if you haven't done a setup on a bass before.