I want to start a vinyl collection, but before I do that I need a player. I have a decent stereo right now, so I just need a turntable and preamp, and I'll probably be ripping them to my computer as well. Really not looking for a all-in-one combo, I've been less than impressed with the quality. I'd really like to get a quality turntable, stylus, and preamp.

If someone could help me out with belt-drive or direct-drive, which is preferable, etc. that would be great too. Don't have tons of cash, call it $500 all total
I think there was a vinyl thread, so maybe start there. I have a really old record player, and about thirty old records, and they all sound good.
Quote by pak1351
no thanks, I've got an ipod already. Sounds like ass

Yeah I hate when things sound like ass.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by ethanpirson
I think there was a vinyl thread, so maybe start there. I have a really old record player, and about thirty old records, and they all sound good.

thanks, found the vinyl thread. Didn't know it existed
Quote by Deathloc45
try craiglist and get some good one cheap haha.

What's a good one? I am willing to sit down and learn how to set them up, but I have no experience. Been looking at some audiophile forums, and am leaning towards cambridge 640 preamp and either a pro-ject debut III or a rega P1