Hi i've got an ESP MH50 and a LINE6 Spider III 15W amp.Im a little dissapointed with the sound.I play mostly metal All That Remains,In Flames,Iron Maiden,Korn.
Im thinking to change my bridge pickup and put an EMG 81 like the expensive ESPs have.But i would like an opinion.
Also i havent change pickups before.Are there any good instructions or videos for changing pickups on the internet or should i find someone who knows to do it for me?
yeah get a new amp first, Then pickups. I have the same guitar as you, The thing I just hate about it is the floyd rose, so if anyone has an ESP with no floyd rose of equal quality wanna trade then hit me up haha.

I'm gonna put Dimarzio X2N on my MH50
Quote by Deathloc45
yeah get a new amp first, Then pickups. I have the same guitar as you, The thing I just hate about it is the floyd rose, so if anyone has an ESP with no floyd rose of equal quality wanna trade then hit me up haha.

I'm gonna put Dimarzio X2N on my MH50

Yeah i know the amp is not the best but i want first pickups so when i have money to have some serious amp i want to try my guitar with the new pickup on it.And don't get me started with the floyd rose.I did the mistake to put 10s strings...Hey my floyd rose can fly!! .
seriously active pickups wont sound any better on that crappy Line6 just save up for a decent i know i made the mistake of buying my fender strat before i had a decent amp and it sounded no better than my epiphone. As soon as i got my JVM (decent amp) it sounded so much better it was unbelievable so you might as well get better amp, oh and emgs arent what there are cracked up to be there is nothing wrong with passive pcikups or blackouts.
Wdaubo
Stuff:
Gibson Darkfire, JVM410H+1960A
Mg100DFX MG30FX MGs!(i know they are crap)
Fender american standard strat
Ephiphone les paul studio
Ovation applause Acoustic
Hopefully a warmoth build in the near future!
Quote by OutOfDaBox
Yeah i know the amp is not the best but i want first pickups so when i have money to have some serious amp i want to try my guitar with the new pickup on it.And don't get me started with the floyd rose.I did the mistake to put 10s strings...Hey my floyd rose can fly!! .

Don't change the pickups until you know more specifically what changes you want or need in your sound; with your current amp you wouldn't hear the difference between the crappiest stock pickups and the worlds only matched set hand wound by God himself with Jesus' hair.

Change amp first, then you can identify what you actually want from your pickups rather than blindly guessing and possibly wasting a large amount of money.

As for the amp, based on the bands you named and the general style of music you play I'd recommend saving up for a used 5150 or 6505; those are generally the budget metal amp of choice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Spend most of what EMGs or Blackouts would cost on a reasonable amp and get some IronGear pickups if you still want them. They are only about £50 a set so you could have the best of both.
2 problems solved.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x