Hello,

i'm in need of a backup guitar for heavier sound like doom\stoner stuff.

I was wondering if anyone knew any European site that sells set neck guitar bodies and necks.

Why set neck? I'm pretty happy with my bold on strat but i only have like 200\300e budget and since i already have a schaller fixed bridge set and a pair of hambuckers i thought it would be cheaper to get the remaining parts...

My other option is to buy a budget guitar and modded it afterwards, care to suggest me some? only looking for good woods and construction, couldn't care less with the finish. Also, the layout can be SG\explorer\V or even strat like.

Cheers
Vintage VS6 in an SG style guitar that comes in within your budget
the tuners aren't great on mine but I'm the third owner so they're probably just worn out :P
secondhand they can go for under £100, brand new theyre roughly £200, I'm not sure what the pounds - euro's rate is though but iirc it's just within budget
Quote by morkeg
Aye i will check on those. The neck has no binding right?

Thanks

No binding
just painted mahogany.

edit:

p.s. try a few, the quality control is a bit wide i found, i looked at one and had a go in a shop and didnt like it, played on of my mates because he was selling it and i liked it :P

I've tried a few in a shop since and they all varied in playability.
Last edited by Bigsteve92 at Sep 21, 2009,
yeh i heard that Vintage is kind of a gamble.

However, buying online gets like 160e cheaper, at least here. I've seen some at shops, they go for over 300e >_>
Quote by morkeg
yeh i heard that Vintage is kind of a gamble.

However, buying online gets like 160e cheaper, at least here. I've seen some at shops, they go for over 300e >_>

well at 160 euro's it's a nice guitar wherever in their range you end up with

either that or you could return it if it's epicly poor quality?