In my local paper there's a guy who's selling a MG100HDFX Head and 2x12 cab for £130.

I know Mg's aren't that great, but for that price, it's quite good isn't it? Should I have it, and then maybe I could get a better cab to make it sound better? What do you think

Thanks
Unless you need a short term solution as you don't have the cash to buy a better amp and need something loud for gigging right now?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
says the guy who might sell a big muff and has 2 behringer POS's

joking.

anyway, i second my own suggestion.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Don't get an MG.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
This is the third thread i've seen by this guy, people have already told him MG's are crap and he doesn't listen. Just buy it and stop making threads about this.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

just buy it, then make sure you video yourself when you start smashing you head into a wall and calling yourself a dumbass.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by TheQuailman
I'd buy it and put it on ebay.

not even worth the trouble

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

hang on...

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
says the guy who might sell a big muff and has 2 behringer POS's

joking.

anyway, i second my own suggestion.

ive learnt from my mistakes and i hope he doesnt follow mine

the thread is 3 hours old and he hasnt reported back yet...

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Not everyone has to spend his day on a forum lol maybe he just opened the thread and went outside and he'll respond when he comes...3 hours dont make a troll.
hes online, says the little square thingy there

<--

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I get a bit sick of this. Please don't call me a troll. I'm a beginner, and I've been looking at the possibilities of MGs, because I've used them before and the tone doesen't seem too bad to me.

I posted this thread knowing that MGs aren't the best, or in some ways the worst. But at that price for a half stack, I thought maybe it could be a good buy. A half stack is a half stack after all, and could even be sold on. I just thought it was maybe a good deal.

I am now considering a Peavey Windsor half stack, (Peavey Windsor Head and Peavey cab) Will this give me the classic, Zeppelin - esque tone that I'm looking for (witha humbucking guitar?)
Quote by Eurozeppelin
I get a bit sick of this. Please don't call me a troll. I'm a beginner, and I've been looking at the possibilities of MGs, because I've used them before and the tone doesen't seem too bad to me.

I posted this thread knowing that MGs aren't the best, or in some ways the worst. But at that price for a half stack, I thought maybe it could be a good buy. A half stack is a half stack after all, and could even be sold on. I just thought it was maybe a good deal.

I am now considering a Peavey Windsor half stack, (Peavey Windsor Head and Peavey cab) Will this give me the classic, Zeppelin - esque tone that I'm looking for (witha humbucking guitar?)

yes, a peavey windsor is going to be better than the MG, it will gve a good hard rock tone aswell, Peavey cabs arnt the best,

if your a beginner why do you want a halfstack? i understand head and a 2x12 cab but not a head and a 4x12 in a bedroom for a beginner, i made that mistake and ended up selling, now ive got a head and a 2x12 this is alot better to move around too... if i was you i would get either a combo or a Head and a 2x12 cab
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Eurozeppelin

The Windsor is a bit thin for that stuff, its more on par with AC/DC and Guns 'n' Roses type stuff. But its close. If I were you I'd forget the peavey 4x12 though. Find a decent 2x12 instead.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Eurozeppelin

yes. esque it will do. fairly well. down the road upgrade from the windsor cab when possible.

and don't get your undies in a bundle, we aren't about to rec an MG for any price. hell one day I plan on making a bar out of a couple MG cabs. that's about the best use we can think of. considering the price of nice tile these days, for a bar the MG would be a good deal.

That said, try the windsor half stack.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
yes. esque it will do. fairly well. down the road upgrade from the windsor cab when possible.

and don't get your undies in a bundle, we aren't about to rec an MG for any price. hell one day I plan on making a bar out of a couple MG cabs. that's about the best use we can think of. considering the price of nice tile these days, for a bar the MG would be a good deal.

That said, try the windsor half stack.

Remember gregs, the overdrive switch must turn on the blender!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!