I'm trying to record myself mainly for youtube/auditioning purposes, nothing professional. I've already tried using various USB mics placed around my AMP but the sound that's recorded either sounds "black-metalish" and very raw/distorted or just plain old loud noise. The tone my amp puts out is completely lost in recording.

Read the FAQ's here but I'm going for cheap so they don't help much ($0-110). I basically want to be able to plug into my comp somehow and get some decent recordings in there. Suggestions?
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
line6 toneport.
Cheap. Decent recordings. Easy-to-use interface with gearbox. If you want to record multiple tracks with no latency, I suggest using reaper for your recording program.
See above post ^
^ my exact setup, works like a dream. I have the LIne 6 Toneport UX2 and soon an SM57 too into reaper
I got the Line 6 Toneport UX1 that works really well for recording. Make sure that if you run a x64 bit operating system that the software supports it (I bought a digitech Mbox2 mini and the stupid ass company still doesn't full support vista/x64 and I wasted about $200.00). Line6 is up with the times though.
USB interface with a mic. I use a Tascam US144 with a condenser mic (or direct in) and get some good recordings. Mine also came with Cubase LE4, which is a decent software package for recording.

Line 6 recording gear is popular too as mentioned above

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by ofXoneblood
line6 toneport.
Cheap. Decent recordings. Easy-to-use interface with gearbox. If you want to record multiple tracks with no latency, I suggest using reaper for your recording program.

Will this be able to interface with my Amp?
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Quote by Tyler Durden
USB interface with a mic. I use a Tascam US144 with a condenser mic (or direct in) and get some good recordings. Mine also came with Cubase LE4, which is a decent software package for recording.

Line 6 recording gear is popular too as mentioned above

I think I will go this route. Read a couple of reviews on Line 6 Toneport, and they basically said my Tone will sound like a Spider Amp, which is a huge negative for me . What mic would you recommend?
An SM57, will just work. SE Electronics SE2000 Looks good too. For your guitar amp go for dynamic but you can use both these mic's in conjunction to get different sounds.
Unless you are fairly skilled/have a bit of experience with recording, your tone will be considerably worse than a line 6 interface. Especially at this kind of money.

It's quick and easy, doesn't sound the best, but there's nothing to go wrong.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)