Hey guys.

Looking for a new guitar, and this one is about right in my price range. I like the tobacco sunburst finish on the more expensive model coming in at $650. However, I'm not sure if it's right for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it look to you guys like only the gold finished one has p90 style pickups? it looks to me like the rest have SD '59 reissue and SD custom pickups like it says in the description, however I wasn't 100% sure. Does anyone have much experience with these pickups? I'm looking for something that can handle a lot of gain, and I've thought about replacing one of these pickups for an EMG so that I can get a wide tonal variety, however it's not that necessary for me.

If you don't think this guitar will work for me, could you recommend another that would? I'd like to keep right around the same price range, with the same basic setup, no trem system and active pickups are preferred. Here's the link:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WI66-PRO-Electric-Guitar?sku=514238

Thanks.
The gold finish does only have P90's, the bursts and other colour options have the humbuckers. They're great pickups, pretty versatile if you use them right. They should be able to handle anything.
It's an incredible guitar, and I would definitely recommend getting it, at least trying it out if you can.
good value for money guitars

Also Check out the Yamaha AES620, or the more expensive AES920
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Quote by Baby Joel
The gold finish does only have P90's, the bursts and other colour options have the humbuckers. They're great pickups, pretty versatile if you use them right. They should be able to handle anything.
It's an incredible guitar, and I would definitely recommend getting it, at least trying it out if you can.

Thanks, that's why I thought. My only problem is that I need to find a store close by that sells them. I'm working on it though. While I'm here, what kinds of things does everyone try on a guitar that they're buying? Do you try to do scales, and just stuff that overall go all the way down and up the fretboard? I'd like to avoid playing songs, maybe parts of some but I have a feeling that's what everyone does.
i know it sounds dumb and boring, but go down the fretboard one fret at a time and let it sustain, making sure there are no dead frets or anything like that, and just make sure the neck and fretboard, the guitar itself is comfortable to you. And if you like the gold top get it, EMG makes 81/85/60 sets that fit for P-90's in case you don't like them.
Quote by Chad11491
i know it sounds dumb and boring, but go down the fretboard one fret at a time and let it sustain, making sure there are no dead frets or anything like that, and just make sure the neck and fretboard, the guitar itself is comfortable to you. And if you like the gold top get it, EMG makes 81/85/60 sets that fit for P-90's in case you don't like them.

Will I be able to try out one that isn't the floor model? I've never tried one that wasn't a floor model of what i bought, so I'll look at that. And I actually don't want the gold top, I prefer the tobacco sunburst. But I did look at how EMG makes p-90 sized pickups. Thanks.