I'm looking for a new Bass to get before I take Music for my GSCE's (next Year).

I tend to Play alternative styles (eg Muse, RHCP (their latest stuff) but dont want to be too resrticted from playing metal, Funk (Not slap, it isnt my style, and I suck at it ) or Classic Rock.

I thought this Gibson was a Good idea however I'm not so sure...

Any recomendations?

By the way I wont be playing any Screamo, The Heaviest songs I like are A7X's City of evil songs.
Ibanez Srx'es are pretty good, don't know about the Gibsons though. Haven't got any experience with them
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Quote by Tabassco
Ibanez Srx'es are pretty good, don't know about the Gibsons though. Haven't got any experience with them

I was hoping something a bit more Pricey for some reason. My current bass is the Same price but its more of a slapping bass than a Finger or pick playing bass.

Thanks though

EDIT - I'll look for some £500 - £600 Bass's of the Ibanez Brand.

If they are more value for money than gibson Basses I must have a look

Secong EDIT - FYI I prefer 4 Strings than 5,6, or even 8.

had a look at the SRX's, Cant say I'm too impressed.

The Gibson I found has a really dark Tone to it, Which I'm really fond of, Sounds beautiful with Dry Distortion.
Last edited by x RappinRabbi x at Sep 21, 2009,
Unless you really like the sound or feel of them, don't bother with a Gibson. Even then, stay away from anything with those 3 point bridges.
Quote by Zycho
Unless you really like the sound or feel of them, don't bother with a Gibson. Even then, stay away from anything with those 3 point bridges.

Why Should I stay away from a 3 Point Bridge?
Maybe a low-end Spector or something? Or a MIM Fender or similar?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by x RappinRabbi x
Why Should I stay away from a 3 Point Bridge?

Can someone please answer this?
Quote by x RappinRabbi x
Can someone please answer this?

They have a tendency to fly off at random. They also don't do much for the sound, but then neither do the gibson mudbuckers (yup I'm biased). If you're a guitar player, this may seem confusing as their guitars are rather good, but almost every gibson and epiphone bass ever made has been a big pile of crap, so I'd advise staying away.

Good bass brands for your range would be Schecter, Ibanez and Fender, so go to a guitar shop and try a few of those out and see what you think!
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Try Schecters and Yamahas.

The Yamaha BB are very well built, classic tone and well within your price range.
But you should try every bass you're advised before you buy.
Quote by Spaz91
For £650 you might be able to get a Warwick Corvette Standard, they are truly brilliant basses suited to any genre.

+1
If you could get a Warwick, they really are amazing basses, but like anything else, try it out first. Fender is always a solid choice, maybe look at used instruments too, you can generally find perfectly good, previously owned high end instruments for low prices if you look hard enough.
Quote by Spaz91
For £650 you might be able to get a Warwick Corvette Standard, they are truly brilliant basses suited to any genre.

+2
You could probably find a used one easily enough
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
sterling by musicman ray34 or sb14, iv played both and now own the sb14 and it plays like a dream, great sounding and very versatile.
the Quality of Gibson guitars does not add up the the quality of their basses. For that price I would look at Spector, Schectersr, or a MIM Fender
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Ive always liked the few gibsons ive played.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul