Ok, just thinking (i don't knwo if there is a pedal for this...) If i bought a delay and an octaver pedal, could i essentially put it on a very slight delay, an octave down or whatever, and have it sound like it was a harmony even though it's only me playing it, and only through one amp? Dunno if that made sense, but if you can work it out, then the help will be appreciated....
digitech whammy, digitech harmony man.

octaver should work though.

mxr blue box?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

so you want to harmonize your delay? no clue

I'm so getting on that though
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Actually, you don't need the octaver if you just want a two guitar, iron maiden type sound. With my DD-3 if I set it to a very short delay time, and only one repeat, it covers that harmonized type sound. The only thing is it is pretty digital sounding, but that may just be the DD-3.

Edit: If you want to have two different octaves then you don't need the delay, just an octave set to one up or one down that still plays the normal signal.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 21, 2009,
What you said should work, though solos aren't usually harmonized in octaves. Most harmonizing pedals make you pick a consistent interval disregarding scale/key, which is dumb and puts the harmony out of key. The few effects I've tried that actually let you pick your scale still sounded like **** anyway. Though, I haven't tried very many.
Quote by tubetime86
Actually, you don't need the octaver if you just want a two guitar, iron maiden type sound. With my DD-3 if I set it to a very short delay time, and only one repeat, it covers that harmonized type sound. The only thing is it is pretty digital sounding, but that may just be the DD-3.

He's not just trying to make it sound like two guitars. He wants harmony.

inB4, I'm really picky and unison is a harmony, and disregard that, I SUCKS COCKS.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
What you said should work, though solos aren't usually harmonized in octaves. Most harmonizing pedals make you pick a consistent interval disregarding scale/key, which is dumb and puts the harmony out of key. The few effects I've tried that actually let you pick your scale still sounded like **** anyway. Though, I haven't tried very many.

then it isnt a harmonizer at all. ur talking about a pitch shifter. ive got one on my digital multi fx, i love the sound.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
So there are good ones. Must. Get.

It's expensive though
Like €270 expensive

TS: If you want to go cheap, look for a Boss HR-2 on ebay or something. They're cheaper than the Harmonyman but they do an acceptable job.
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by bananahammock
then it isnt a harmonizer at all. ur talking about a pitch shifter. ive got one on my digital multi fx, i love the sound.

Well, I said that I was talking about ones that actually let you pick the scale too.
im not trying to advertise but i have a digitech harmony man for sell in excellent condition. PM me for details before i put it on ebay
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Quote by WtrPlyr

Good lord. DO WANT! DO WANT NOW!

TS with long enough delay times on a digital delay & solos you can actually harmonize yourself with the echo of you playing which sounds pretty badass. Other than that and an octaver & the harmony man I dunno what to suggest
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Boss PS-5
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline