so ive been practicing some scales and i bought a metronome (ive always used one but on the computer). the metronome i bought goes by twos up until around 100 then it goes by 3's and then 4's. I should be going up 1 bpm if im not mistaken. Is this gonna truly make my speed playing sloppier if i practice going up by 3 or 4 bpm intervals? I practice for about an hour or 2 on lets say 100, then when im super comfortable the smallest increment i can go up by is 4 so its 104. And i cant return the metronome, i am missing the earphone so they wont except it.
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
it should be fine, the faster tempo you go the less of a difference 1 bpm will make
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i usually go in 10bpm intervals. start on something slow, very easy, hit every note. then go up 10bpm and repeat till you cant hit everything perfect. then go 10bpm more try it then stop. next time to practice start at the fastest comfortable speed and work from there.

alternative, start as before, but do the beats in 4, then triplets, then eighth, THEN go up 10bpm. rinse and repeat.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
going up by only 1 would take forever to get anywhere.

i would personally say go up by 6 or 8 even. it's not worth just going up 1. there's such a small difference you'd be better off jumping up more.
Going I usually go up by 6 bpm at time. Going up 1 at a time will get you nowhere.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
ok thanks for the advice brothermen
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on